Deco X50-PoE

Deco X50-PoE

Deco X50-PoE
Deco X50-PoE
2022-05-13 01:07:26 - last edited 2023-02-03 03:24:48

Deco X50-PoE is the first Deco model which supports PoE power supply and ceiling/wall mounting.

General questions about Deco X50-PoE

Q1: What is PoE?

Power over Ethernet (PoE) is a technology that allows network switches to transmit both power and data through an Ethernet cable simultaneously.

Learn more about PoE technology.

Q2: What PoE standards does Deco X50-PoE support?

• For standard PoE: IEEE802.3at standard and IEEE802.3bt standard.
  • For Passive PoE:  Deco X50-PoE requires a passive PoE adapter with an output voltage of 48VDC and an output power above 18W (usually 24W).

Q3: How much power does Deco X50-PoE consume when powered by PoE?

• US version: Up to 18W.
  • EU version: Up to 14.4W.

Q4: How to power on Deco X50-POE?

• Via DC power adapter that adapter is included in the product package.
  • Via POE switch
  • Via POE adapter.

Recommended POE adapters:

Standard POE adapter

TL-POE160S

Q5: How to choose a PoE switch for Deco X50-PoE?

Here are some key factors in choosing a PoE switch:

• PoE standard: Use 802.3 at or 802.3 bt standard.
  • The number of POE ports: Select the number of PoE ports according to the number of your PoE-powered devices.
  • Transmission rate: For faster speed, a gigabit switch is recommended. (Deco X50-PoE has a 2.5G port, you can also buy a switch with a 2.5G port)
  • PoE Power Budget: A PoE switch power budget is the total amount of power output available to the PoE ports of the switch. Please make ensure the total power required by all PoE devices powered by the switch’s PoE ports does not exceed the switch’s overall power budget. Otherwise, the switch may be shut down or the powered device may be unstable or even unable to be powered on.

Here are some of commended models:

(For more POE-supported switch models, please go to  POE Switches Buying Guide)

TL-SG105PE

Standard: 802.3 at compliant
PoE Ports: Port1- 4
PoE Power Budget: 65W

TL-SG1008MP

PoE Ports: Port1- 8
PoE Power Budget: 153W

TL-SG1210P

PoE Ports: Port1- 8
PoE Power Budget: 63W

Q6: Does Deco X50-PoE have any requirements for the PoE-powered network cable?

We recommend using a standard network cable of cat5e and above (cat5e and above supports 2.5Gbps).

Q7: What is the maximum transmission distance of a PoE connection?

Up to 100 meters.

Q8: Which PoE power supply mode does Deco X50-PoE supports?

Deco X50-PoE supports both Alternative A and Alternative B.

Alternative A: Supply power using the date line pairs 1/2 and 3/6 of the Ethernet cable.

Alternative B: Supply power using the spare line pairs 4/5 and 7/8 of the Ethernet cable.

Q9: Why can't PoE switch/adapter power X50-PoE or the power supply is unstable?

1. Confirm the LED of the PoE port on the PoE switch or PoE adapter is on and make sure the Ethernet cable are firmly connected.
  2. Make sure you have used the qualified Cat.5 or above Ethernet cable and the length of Ethernet cable should be less than 100m.
  3. Change another Ethernet cable if possible
  4. Make sure the PoE switch or PoE adapter supports IEEE802.3at or IEEE802.3bt standard.
  5. Confirm the total power consumption required by all PoE powered devices does not exceed the switch’s overall power budget.

Q10: How to connect Deco X50-PoE to a PoE switch in different operation modes

Deco X50-PoE supports router mode and access point mode.

• Router Mode: Deco works in router mode by default. In router mode, please note that the satellite Deco should be wired to the LAN port of the main Deco or a switch connected to the main Deco's LAN port to avoid a network loop.

• Access Point Mode: If there is a main router in front of Deco, Deco can be set to work under access point mode. In Access Point mode, you can wire satellite Deco to any Deco unit or the front main router through a switch.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X50-PoE Survey
2022-07-14 11:39:41

@konilaz Thank you for the message and sorry for the delay.

Do you mean some layout like this?

(Since it is not allowed to post pictures in messages, I will put it here, the green one is Wi-Fi and black line is Ethernet cable)

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X50-PoE
2022-12-12 04:40:02

So smart! PoE technology provides great tools for life's activities.

weaver game

Options
2023-01-25 14:55:44
Hello. I have 6 pieces of x50 and 3 pieces of x20 that are connected by access points at different distances, and sometimes there are problems with the connection between them. My request is to have a button from the application to force a LAN cable connection !!! Because I, for example, have the network of cables, and they will work stably for me! Thank you and I look forward to the result of my request.
Options
2023-01-30 11:21:06

@JoRasim 

Hi, do you mean to force the satellite Deco units to use LAN Ethernet Backhaul, instead of connecting to the nearby Mesh nodes via wifi?

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-02 15:26:34

@David-TP 

I hav the DECO X50 POD 3 pack V1, but on the advance settings page i can't select signal strength for the wifi band (2,4 5 ) from low to high.\\

i see the option, but I can't select and save. 

Use my deco as access point mode.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP Hi! Thanks for the knowledge sharing above. I've a question. First of all, my setup: Internet → ISP Modem → PoE Switch → Three Deco X50 PoE units, connected by wire. All of them are working obviously in Access Point mode. I do not understand why the TP Link app shows only the main Deco connected as first level, and then the others are connected to him. But in the reality, all the three Decos are connected by wire to the switch (Main Deco to switch, Second Deco to switch, Third Deco to switch). Is it a visualization issue or the setup is missing something? From a perspective I do not want to have a "Main" Access Point: all of the three Decos in my mind have to be at the same horizontal level. Thanks for the support!

in the picture you will see the main Deco as "ingresso".

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 6759

Replies: 6

Related Articles