TL-WPA4220 keeps crashing when downloading things

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-17 13:57:07 - last edited 2022-05-17 13:58:18
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.3

I need help, the TL-WPA4220 crashes my internet when I'm downloading large files. Usually this happens when downloading games through steam, epic and other launchers but also on chrome: it starts downloading normally, but then after a few seconds my internet connection goes down. Plug out the powerline and plug it back in fixes the connection... but then when I start downloading again, the internet connection will crash again and again. It's almost impossible to download any game or large file.

I assumed it was the router's fault for a while. I called my operator but he said that there was nothing wrong with the router, I live in a 2 floor house. Is there something wrong, maybe with my sockets? I also tried to plug it in the same room as the main wifi, the connection was very good but when i'm in my room on the second floor the connection keeps falling when downloading big files or games… and i plug it directly in the socket as the instructions say! 

I have tried updating the drivers, but it didn't help. Any solutions? It's so frustrating

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 keeps crashing when downloading things
2022-05-23 10:11:27

Hello  @artyyy 

Thank you for the feedback, if powerline device crashes when download large file you could try some tips here 

- For Wi-Fi network, try to change to different Wi-Fi channel and set larger Wifi bandwidth e.g. set 40Mhz for 2.4Ghz

- Try Wired or Ethernet connection 

- Download the same file when computer is connected to router and see if router work stably?

- Confirm Powerline devices are on the latest firmware 

Firmware for WPA4220: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220/
Firmware for PA4010: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-pa4010-kit/#Firmware

1)Can I know how large is file you download and how much bandwidth if you run a speed test at that time.  Can you share some urls of the file you download via prvate message. 

2) Is the issue with wired or Wi-Fi connection, does wired download  work fine? What is the error message on WiFi connection when issue happen?

3) A photo of the firmware on powerline device. 

4) Model of router and network topology 

How many devices connected to WPA4220 are online and use internet when the downloads are happening? 

4) when did you purchase the powerline kit and did they work fine when downloading large files before? 

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 1

Related Articles