Internet keeps disconnecting under some circumstances

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-26 19:36:27
Tags: #Internet Connection
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone

I installed several months ago the Tp-Link powerline to connect my PC to the internet. Usually there are no problems (right now I'm on my PC connected with the Tp-Link), but there are some activities that, for some reason, disconnect my PC from internet. I'll give a list of what I thinks makes this problem occur and what not:

If I'm connected in a server on Discord (or in a call in any other voice chat software) my connection is stable and, no matter what I do during the call, there will be no disconnection.

Some videogames will never make my PC disconnect. On the other hand, I am unable to play other videogames online: few minutes after I start one of these games, internet connection is lost.

If I use some streaming platform (Youtube, Netflix etc.) it rarely disconnect my PC from internet.

If there are usefull test I could do to test what could cause this disconnections, tell me and I will be sure to try.

Every time a disconnection occurs, it lasts for no more than a minute, after that it reconnects automatically.

I already checked for every cable connected, I bought new ones, nothing changed. Both the Tp-Link are directly connected on the powerline on the wall. I'm using only two Tp-Link, one connected to the Router and one connected to the PC. Every other device in the house connected via Wi-Fi or directly via Ethernet cable do not have this issue (this is what lets me think that the problem comes from the Tp-Link). At the moment I cannot try to connect my PC in any other way to the internet, so I'm not sure 100% that the problem comes from my PC, but I can't see how it could be. There has been periods of weeks (or even months) where this problem never occurred, in other periods was way more frequent.

I did not specify the hardware and firmware version, I don't know how to check them. I hope it is not a problem.

Sorry for my bad english, it is not my main language.

Thank you in advance for any response.

Alessandro

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet keeps disconnecting under some circumstances
2022-06-30 19:14:29

Hello  @Alessandro.V 

The gaming software could be been sensitive to the delay in network, you could try some tips here. 

• Update the driver for network adapter on your PC 
  • Close unnecessary apps when play games 

If still the same, may I know what video games will cause the drop out?

When internet stops, how about the House Led or powerline Led on the powerline unit, is it ON/ OFF?   

When did you purchase the PA4010Kit? What is the hardware and firmware of the power line kit? You could download tpPLC Utility on a computer and check software version there. Thanks!

Options
Re:Internet keeps disconnecting under some circumstances
2022-07-21 19:25:09

@Solla-topee Elden Ring is the game that creates the most problems. Hearthstone gave me a lot of trouble too, but in the last month this wasn't the case.
I don't know what do you meen with House Led or powerline Led, can you be more specific?
I bought it a year ago, more or less.
The firmware version is 1.4.0.20-00_401114_190820_902
I saw online that turning off the energy saving mode from the app could solve the problem. It seems a bit better (as I said, Hearthstone doesn't couse disconnections anymore) but it still happens sometimes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 2

Tags

Internet Connection