Disable upnp on deco p9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disable upnp on deco p9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Disable upnp on deco p9
Disable upnp on deco p9
2022-06-28 21:07:49 - last edited 2022-06-29 06:07:33
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I did a port scan on the main P9 router and noticed that the 1900 port is open; which i understand to be upnp port. How can i close it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Disable upnp on deco p9
2022-06-28 22:55:07

@VNZ 

Port 1900 is indeed UPNP

To my knowledge, the Deco M5, M9 and X range have the option to disable UPNP under Advanced in the App.  However, I do not think this is possible on the P9

Is there a specific reason you wish to disable UPNP?   There are a lot of articles online saying this should be disabled, but knowing people whoo have disabled, they usually live to regret it.    If you have any games console (XBox, PS, Switch), Echo device or some webcams they may stop working with UPNP disabled.  

XBox for example will give an error about strict nat and fail to connect online.

Options
2022-06-29 05:37:16

@Philbert 

thanks for your reply. I'm slightly confused why the internet says it is an unsafe port; but even xboxes from microsoft (who seem to block upnp on windows by default).

maybe tp-link can take this as a feature request.

Options
2022-06-29 06:06:18

@VNZ 

Hi, It is planned to add a UPNP on/off switch on the Deco P9 via firmware upgrade as well.

And if you need it now, there is a beta firmware that has added this feature already, and please refer to the private message to get the beta firmware.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 3

Related Articles