Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Routers
Routers
2022-07-15 06:02:30 - last edited 2022-07-15 06:07:17
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: ?

Hello could you please help me!
Has anybody Changed Sky's SR203 Router and made it work?

I am looking to buy a router that I can replace my Sky SR203
Asked manufactures about their routers but still haven't got to the answers I need to make right choice.
So hoping that someone has done it!  
Requirements I seek -- Port Triggering & Port Forwarding, QoS, WPA3 security, and maybe with or without VoiP-, and VPN OpenVPN.
It seems I need to be able to select from an ISP List in the router table, It has to able to (select Sky (MER)_VDSL, VLAN enabled ) 
If I have got the right info so far connection would have to be PPPoE heard that Sky expects the routers of their customers to register with their services using DHCP option 61 aka MER. anybody think this is right? Had to pick something to do thread so just picked AX3000 do i need newer or better?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Routers
2022-07-17 00:09:26

@FxTrader 

Hi,

If your broadband connection is VDSL (main telephone line is connected to the SR203) and you are looking to replace the SR203 at once, then you are probably looking for a Wi-FI router with built-in VDSL modem.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/

You will notice that the routers presently shown on that webpage are lacking the latest wireless technologies, like Wi-Fi 6 (AX) and apparently also WPA3.

If that is okay for you, then have a look at the "Emulators" you can find in the "Support" section of each of the router's product webpages. It can give you an idea which routers support Sky(MER)_VDSL. (although there have occasionally been discrepancies in the past)

Options