Votes

Ability to switch off homeshield and stop sending customer data to Avira without customers' approval

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Ability to switch off homeshield and stop sending customer data to Avira without customers' approval

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-16 16:15:56 - last edited 2022-07-16 19:43:19
Tags: #Avira
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20220407

Deat Tp-link support

Please enable turning off Homeshield in firmware for Deco X50 and STOP sending customers data to third party (Avira) without customer consent!

The current functionality of Homeshield for Deco X50 is crippling the main service the product is supposed to provide, which is Internet access.

With current firmware 1.0.8 the product is completely unusable in router mode.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ability to switch off homeshield and stop sending customer data to Avira without customers' approval
2022-07-18 11:59:42

@Lada_X50 

Welcome to the community.

May I know why you say that Deco X50 is " sending customers data to third party (Avira) without customer consent"?

Do you happen to save any logs or pictures?

I would love to forward it to the senior engineers for further confirmation.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Ability to switch off homeshield and stop sending customer data to Avira without customers' approval
2022-07-19 15:15:21

@David-TP 

Hi David

thank you for your reply.

The issue is described all over the internet among others even on this forum.

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/538262

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/539530

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/263256

My problem is that even with latest firmware 1.0.8 Build 20220407 Deco X50 is not possible to use in router mode when using Zscaler VPN and Zscaler Proxy. 

The upload traffic is completely blocked out or timed out.

Because of this I am using Tp-link Archer C9 as a router and Deco X50 only in access point mode as a workaround. This way there is no issue with internet connectivity.

Obviously this is not acceptable and Deco X50 should be possible to configure in router mode to work as any other router, not blocking or delaying any inbound or outbound connection. I also would not like Avira to analyze DNS requrests, unless I voluntarily sign on for the subscription.

In general the configuration options on Tp-link DECO products are very limited and it is definetely huge step back. There has to be a bit advanced mode to do the configuration as others routers have.

Best regards

Lada

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1064

Replies: 2

Voters 2

Tags

Avira