Using Ad-Hoc / Infrastructure mode on TP-Link Archer T4U in Windows 11

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 03:09:01
Tags: #Windows 11 #adhoc
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1030.38.712.2019

Hi,

I have recently purchased Archer T4U, Version 3.20. As per its specification it supports Ad-hoc/ Infrastructure mode. 

I also have TP-Link Archer T2UH AC600 with which I can successfully create ad-hoc in windows 10 and 11.  

However, I'm unable to create ad-hoc with Archer T4U. 

I create the adhoc using ' netsh wlan start hostednetwork ' in command prompt. T2UH AC600 works but Archer T4U, version 3.20 won't.

Is there a way to make T4U work? If not can someone please suggest a wifi adapter which will work.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Ad-Hoc / Infrastructure mode on TP-Link Archer T4U in Windows 11
2022-08-31 03:10:37

Hello  @Deepakinc 

Please check if you can mannually create a mobile host spot as instructions here.

How to set up a Mobile Hotspot or Soft AP on Windows 10?

Make sure you have tried the latest official driver for Archer T4U V3.

You could also test if the chipset driver here helps Realtek Chipset Driver for T4U(Plus) (Win7/Win10) (Win10 x64 driver can be used on Win11)

If still the same,  you share a photo of the mobile hotspot section after you run the command, check if there is any error(share a photo) when you try to manually turn on hotspot on Win11?  Please also share aphoto of the driver date the motherboard information. Thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 1

Tags