Deco P9 Still Supported?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Still Supported?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 Still Supported?
Deco P9 Still Supported?
2022-08-25 08:41:32
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Are the Deco P9's still supported? It's been over a year since the latest firmware and some features are still missing and bugs still present.

There really needs an option to auto reboot the devices. If my P9's haven't been rebooted for a while, the entire wireless network is unstable. A reboot of the devices fixes it, so an easy fix would to have an option where this could be scheduled in the middle of the night, like on other hardware.

The option to change, or completely turn off, powerline is also needed. If another powerline network exists they conflict and there is no way around this. There needs to be options to add the P9's to an existing network, add existing devices to the P9 network or just disable it completely and use the wifi backhaul only to stop conflicts.

Another thing that is required is that a satellite device shouldn't allow other devices to connect to it unless it has a connection to the main Deco. It happens to me where sometimes a satellite device loses the connection to the main device, but other devices are connected to it and are unable to access the rest of the network. What should happen is that any devices already connected should be told to disconnect/roam and it shouldn't allow new device connections until the link has been re-established.

Are there any updates planned for the P9 or are they not supported anymore?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Still Supported?
2022-08-26 02:55:02

@crayuk 

They answered the same quesion here:

Deco P9 Firmware Update?

1.  The Deco P9 should get updates as long as the model is still shipping.  Typically firmware updates don't sunset until a model or hardware version is End of Life, which at this time the P9 is not.  

Options
2022-08-29 07:56:41

@crayuk Hello, just for your information the X90 is no longer supported, so I can't expect any Deco to be supported.

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-08-29 09:26:56

@Momcho 

Hi, Nice to see you again. 

Deco X90 is our hero product and it is definitely being supported. 

I see you commented a lot just now and If Deco let you down and you don't like this device, we are sorry to lose such a good customer and returning it to find something else is always an option.

Community welcomes everyone and we wish to help each other get the most out of their TP-Link products and services. All members are coming here to ask and respond to questions. And complaint does not make thing betters.

If you do have any better suggestions, please feel free to send an email to feedback.deco@tp-link.com.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-29 09:50:10

@David-TP 

Hello David, 

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, the last X90 update was before a year ago. In all software & hardware definitions this is not a "supported product".

However, I keep my right to share my experience and support for everyone in this forum for free as all of customers here.

The sleepless nights, videos, proofs and talks with your teams did not gave any result last 1/2 year and seems that Decos remains just piece of plastic.

Your software teams seems too slow, not competent (I have a video how they are typing in the terminal, it is for fail army videos....) and filled with requests. Remember -5 years later, there is still no reboot function on all the Decos....

However - there is a product that I am still buying and graving to my customers - that is M4. This is the only stable Deco, but the speed it can maintain (which is limited by the hardware, which is normal) is not for advanced customers.

It is not okay 700$ pair of Decos to behave worse than 10$ 300Mbps TP-Link, which has much more updates and capabilities than your "hero". 

However, here we are not the people who can decide that and will leave the decision the the European Commission.

Until then, I will keep my right to give support on the customers, based on my experience and chats/calls/emails with you.

Kind regards

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-08-29 10:11:23

Yes, it's a shame. 

TP Link say it's still supported but the lack of updates for over a year says otherwise.

I know some of the points I made might not be wide spread, but the lack of an auto reboot function is unbelievable, more so given the fact that the devices do need to be rebooted every so often as the performance drops off massively if not.

The other 2 issues I raised I also believe are valid;

The powerline issue (being able to connect to an existing network or turn off althogether due to conflict if user already uses powerline) and devices being able to connect to secondary Decos even if that Deco isn't connected to the main Deco could easily be fixed but I don't have any confidence they will.

Looking back, to say the P9's were supposed to be one of the better mesh wifi devices TP Link did, it took loads of Apple devices throwing up warnings to convince TP Link that this relatively new hardware should not be using WPA v1, despite people on the forums saying this for months. 

Options
2022-08-29 14:06:23

@Momcho Thanks for your reply. Actually It's nice to know you are still with us and would continue sharing your experience of the products with others.

Having been here for quite a while, I have seen quite a few,maybe a lot of inquires of the firmware release plan and It is certainly important to keep the firmware updated regularly. "No ETA" is the last thing I want to tell the users but sometimes I don't wish keepping users endlessly waiting.

I could not quarantee there would be a firmware upgrade very soon but I am sure all the requests will be seen by the software teams. As for the response, if anything for sure, it will be updated on the community accordingly.

Thank you again for sharing your ideas with me and best regards!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 873

Replies: 6

Related Articles