Deco P9 Firmware Update?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Firmware Update?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 Firmware Update?
Deco P9 Firmware Update?
2022-08-24 14:17:34

This is really a 2 part question.......

1.  Are there any plans to update the P9's firmware?

I have installed these for some customers/relatives to utilize the Powerline feature and it has worked great.  I have the M5 at my residence in a Ethernet back haul setup and that too has worked great but as far as features and configuration options, my M5 is still getting updates where as it seems like the P9 has been forgotten about for a long time.

2.  Are there any plans on releasing a newer Deco that also supports Powerline?  If I am correct, the P9 was the last/only to have this and it is getting quite long in the tooth.  Any reason why none of the newer Deco's (Wifi 6 and 6e models) are not being released in a version that includes Powerline?

Thanks.

-BP

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Firmware Update?
2022-08-24 22:38:22

@BurntPowder 

1.  The Deco P9 should get updates as long as the model is still shipping.  Typically firmware updates don't sunset until a model or hardware version is End of Life, which at this time the P9 is not.  

2. Yes we have the Deco PX50 on our roadmap.  We do not have an ETA for when it is available but it should be before the end of the year. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options