Official Firmware of VPN Client for Archer AX11000/AX6000 V1 is available

Official Firmware of VPN Client for Archer AX11000/AX6000 V1 is available

159 Reply
Re:Early Release VPN Client Firmware for Archer AX11000/AX6000 V1
2023-01-30 16:09:30

@Faustian I would also like the link for the EU V1 hardware v1.3.0 firmware as well please.  I am willing to forgo the money I have spent signing up to ExpressVPN to roll back to that FW version as I would rather have a stable connection.  All the devices on my LAN just stalled again - with the AX11000 stating "poor connection" again and blipping out for around a minute.  I work from home so these disconnects are really causing me problems when they occur.

There are no issues with the ISP (I have checked again - Virgin UK) and I have only had these issues like @Faustian when I upgraded from stock shipped FW which was some months ago now.  

The UK TP-Link download site only has links to latest 1.3.2 or V1_210719.  Can I therefore download to V1_2 or is 1.3.0 better (in which case can we get a link please)?

Options
2023-01-31 07:24:53

Faustian wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I recently updated to 1.3.2  

This is the first firmware upgrade I've done on the unit since I purchased it due to seemingly I was quite a few versions behind, and this latest one had a lot of fixes/features.

Unfortunately, this is the very reason I did not upgrade the firmware as before 1.3.2, I have a very stable connection. Now about once a day, the router drops connection.

I can confirm its the router as I still have a connection via the modem when this happens; Moreover, it's most definitely this firmware update as my connection was 100% stable until updating. It's been all downhill since then. 

I can't confirm the light color when this happens - as I wasn't really paying attention to that. I have a multi-room setup of Sonos products on top of the 30+ other devices connected - this is causing absolute havoc with all my wireless devices.

Could you provide a link to the seemingly stable 1.3.0 firmware so I can downgrade?

ISP - Xfinity US

AX11000 V1

@Faustian Sorry to hear that.

If you want to downgrade to the previous 1.3.0 version, you could download the firmware from the local website, then upload it into the router manually.

But if you would like to further look into the issue, I'm happy to help escalate the case to our support engineers. Please let me know if you want to proceed.

Thank you very much.

Options
2023-01-31 23:45:15

@Kevin_Z  So, I went back to the 1.3.2 beta that had been working without issue for me, I removed the 6 x openvpn ExpressVPN files that I had uploaded, deleted all my vpn client info and unticked vpn client enable. Today has been the first full day without issue for me in some time - with no loss of connection or internet at all. 

I recall having no issues with this fw previously but cannot remember if I updated to the 1.3.2 release version and then implemented ExpressVPN within the vpn client after that or not.

This cannot be coincidence as beta 1.3.2 was issue free for me previously and only having reverting back and deleting all the new vpn client is the router now flawless again?

I will report back in a couple of days with updates on my experience. 

Options
2023-02-01 01:56:41

@RobbieB50 

Thank you so much for all the test and information.

I was informed that the official version should be working the same as the early release version we provided on the community, so I'm not sure now if the disconnect issue was caused by the VPN settings in the network or not.

If possible, you can monitor the connectivity for another day or two, then try to enable the VPN Client on the router as you did before to observe if the connection is still stable.

Please let me know how this will be going. Thank you very much.

Options
2023-02-01 15:13:55

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the response, Kevin.

I would love to have been able to help find what's causing the internet dropping issue; however, every other time the internet drops, I have to go and unplug/re-link all my Sonos devices, and it's a HUGE pain.

So I went ahead and downgraded to the stable 1.3.0 - no issues since then.

Options
2023-02-02 02:32:02

Faustian wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the response, Kevin.

I would love to have been able to help find what's causing the internet dropping issue; however, every other time the internet drops, I have to go and unplug/re-link all my Sonos devices, and it's a HUGE pain.

So I went ahead and downgraded to the stable 1.3.0 - no issues since then.

@Faustian Thank you very much for the update. I understand that completely, and I'm glad to know the 1.3.0 version works fine. Our developers will continue to investigate further on the new 1.3.2 version and I will update on the community if there is any issue.

Please do let me know if there is anything new comes up.

Options
2023-02-03 08:56:33

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

This morning I experienced again the connectivity issue I mentioned before with the latest firmware of your AX11000 router ( 1.3.2 Build 20221128 rel.45807(4555)  )

It happens at least once a week (sometimes even more).

The issue applies to both wired and unwired connections.

My internet provider is T-Mobile in the Netherlands using Dynamic IP as an internet connection type.

The status screen from the router shows "Poor connection/network", 

I've captured both the configuration file and the system log and mailed it to the support email address as you requested.

The system log doesn't show any particular connectivity errors, but it just stops receiving an acknowledgment to receive an IP-lease from the internet provider (lease time is 1800 seconds).

Rebooting the router seems to solve the issue temporarily.

I did experience this same issue with firmware 1.3.1, but NOT with firmware 1.3.0.

In case this is not solved on a short term basis, I am forced to downgrade to firmware 1.3.0.

Hopefully this issue will be identified and solved quickly.

Options
2023-02-03 09:18:25

@gpex Is anyone able to share the V1.3.0 EU firmware please as I too really want to regress to that version?

Options
2023-02-03 09:49:51

gpex wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

This morning I experienced again the connectivity issue I mentioned before with the latest firmware of your AX11000 router ( 1.3.2 Build 20221128 rel.45807(4555)  )

It happens at least once a week (sometimes even more).

The issue applies to both wired and unwired connections.

My internet provider is T-Mobile in the Netherlands using Dynamic IP as an internet connection type.

The status screen from the router shows "Poor connection/network", 

I've captured both the configuration file and the system log and mailed it to the support email address as you requested.

The system log doesn't show any particular connectivity errors, but it just stops receiving an acknowledgment to receive an IP-lease from the internet provider (lease time is 1800 seconds).

Rebooting the router seems to solve the issue temporarily.

I did experience this same issue with firmware 1.3.1, but NOT with firmware 1.3.0.

In case this is not solved on a short term basis, I am forced to downgrade to firmware 1.3.0.

Hopefully this issue will be identified and solved quickly.

@gpex We greatly appreciate your continued feedback, as well as your patience and cooperation while our engineers work to address the concerns brought up in this thread.

Your case has been escalated to our support engineers for a further follow-up. Please check your email and let me know if there is anything that I can help.

Options
2023-02-03 10:13:45

RobbieB50 wrote

@gpex Is anyone able to share the V1.3.0 EU firmware please as I too really want to regress to that version?

Hi @RobbieB50 

If you want to downgrade to the previous 1.3.0 version on your EU hardware, please check this link.

Please note that the firmware I linked applies to both US and EU versions.

Options
Related Articles