unable to connect to Ax1500 wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-31 18:34:43 - last edited 2022-09-01 03:46:06
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20220401 Rel. 57404(4341)

I just bought this AX1500 wi-fi router brand new, fresh out of box and was able to connect to internet without problem. I have a compouter connected to the router via LAN and that's working. Here I am thinking how easy this whole thing was so far, then I ran into wall with wifi connectivity, as none of my devices can connect to the router via wifi. All getting the error "cannot connect to this network". The only thing I changed so far was upgradaing the firmware. I checked Network Map and wireless setting shows wifi on, except it's acting like it's off. Any suggestion?

Options
3 Reply
Re:unable to connect to Ax1500 wireless
2022-08-31 19:20:42

ok after some more checking this is what's going on, devices with wifi 6 can connect to this router ok, but devices with wifi 5 cannot. Is this router not backward compatible to wifi 5?

Options
2022-08-31 19:22:15

@namsilat 

Hi,

The ultimate test would be to go to the menu "Advanced" > "System" > "Backup & Restore" and perform a full "FACTORY RESTORE".

After the router has restarted itself try to connect your wireless devices to the default Wi-Fi networks "TP-Link_xxxx" or "TP-Link_xxxx_5G" using the default password printed on the label that is stuck to the underside of the Archer AX1500.

Should this not work as well, then there might be indeed something wrong with your particular AX1500 device.

Options
2022-08-31 19:38:40

namsilat wrote

ok after some more checking this is what's going on, devices with wifi 6 can connect to this router ok, but devices with wifi 5 cannot. Is this router not backward compatible to wifi 5?

@namsilat 

Make sure that "Mode" in the menu "Advanced" > "Wireless" > "Wireless Settings" is not set to "802.11ax only".

Apart from that, yes, there have been occasional reports of some older wireless devices not being able to connect to Wi-Fi 6 (AX) routers, but it would be quite a coincidence if you happened to own a whole bunch of non-Wi-Fi 6 wireless devices of which every single one is experiencing this issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 3

Related Articles