Two RE700X, one in mode AP, the other in Extender, OneMesh cannot be enabled!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-08 16:02:46
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20220429 Rel. 814

Hey Guys

I have two RE700X, one in AP Mode, the other in Repeater mode, why is it not possible to enable OneMesh?

I have a custom router and the RE700X in AP mode is cabled, any ideas?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Two RE700X, one in mode AP, the other in Extender, OneMesh cannot be enabled!
2022-09-09 06:47:30

Hello  @MrPeralta 

Thank you for the feedback, so far the TP-Link range extenders do not support OneMesh in AP mode and here is a related topic. 

Feature request post:  [Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul

This Mesh Ethernet backhaul feature might be achieved by EasyMesh, while as that is in Planned stage there is no guarantee. 

Here is another thread that you may be interested in: 

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Options
Re:Two RE700X, one in mode AP, the other in Extender, OneMesh cannot be enabled!
2022-09-09 16:42:39

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply, although it doesn't make much sense as it why it behaves like this.. it is what it is.

On another thing, would it be possible to release source code on the RE700X , if one could port another firmware (and depending on the chipset), it could support 802.11s

Options
2022-09-09 18:31:26

@Solla-topee 

Another thing, the GPL code for this AP should be released, it's basically an openwrt (reversed it) , based on 15.05 (kind of old but yeah)

Options
2022-09-14 06:34:13

@MrPeralta 

If you are interested in the source code subject to the GPL, please contact us under GPL@tp-link.com.

For more details, please check GLP code data center here

https://www.tp-link.com/support/gpl-code/

Hope this helps~

Options
2022-09-14 16:21:24

@Solla-topee 

And regarding the initial question.

Is it possible to get a OneMesh supported router, but have it to act just as a dumb switch? I don't want it managing any kind of network/nat/routing, I just need the OneMesh functionality to work

Options