RE650 v1 keeps disconnecting from Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 20:35:41
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 20201112

I bought the RE650 extender about a month ago and it's been giving me problems ever since.

I set it up in Access Point mode, and it's directly wired to my router.

Every few minutes (kind of randomly), it will lose its connection to the Internet. The LEDs on the extender stay lit.

How it's configured:

• Access Point mode
  • DHCP is off (tried with it ON, no difference)
  • Dynamic IP (tried with a static one, , no difference)
  • Wireless: 2.4GHz is on, 5GHz is off (tried with both on and with 5GHz only, no difference)
  • Wired directly into my router (HomeHub 3000 provided by Bell Canada)

They only time it works for a while is when I unplug the unit and plug it back in. Then, eventually, the Internet Status will go to 'Unknown' and then 'Disconnected' and any wireless  device going through the extender can't connect to the Internet anymore.

I've tested the ethernet cable, it works fine (yes, I also used different cables, just in case). Tried rebooting my router several times as well, but the issue persists.

Not sure what else to do at this point, is my hardware faulty?

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE650 v1 keeps disconnecting from Internet
2022-09-23 03:10:28

Hello  @Chris987 

May I know did you solve the problem? Thank you for staring a detailed post, you could try some tips here. 

• Connect a computer to the router using the same Ethernet cable and see if the internet connection is stable 
  • Test a shorter Ethernet cable instead of very long cable
  • You could try a factory reset on the extender and switch it to AP mode as instructions below: 

Configuration Guide How to connect TP-Link Wi-fi Extender to Router with Ethernet Cable (Access Point Mode)

For test purpose, try to use the default IP/ DHCP settings

At the same , may I know the network topology :ISP-  Bellhome hub 3000 <Ethernet>RE650(in AP mode)

Options