Archer TX20U Plus - MU-MIMO not supported

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-22 14:16:26
Model: Archer TX20U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: rtwlanu

Apparently, MU-MIMO is not ready on TX20U Plus using TP-Link provided driver version 5001.0.13.106, dated 23/12/2021 on Windows 10 21H1. Enable DL MU-MIMO on adapter properties advanced option also didn't help.

The Tx/Rx spatial streams seem like not working correctly.

Please help to rectify the issue.

Thank you.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer TX20U Plus - MU-MIMO not supported
2022-09-23 00:53:17 - last edited 2022-09-23 02:02:26

Hi  @pclui 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

• Install the latest offical driver for the TX20U Plus. 
  • Make sure you have disabled the built - in or other Wi-Fi adapters, from the photo the adapter information does not seem to be of TX20U Plus adapter. 
  • Please confirm the Wi-Fi router supports MU-MIMO in the router specifications. 
  • For the number of TX/RX spacial streams, try to adjust the router's Wifi Channel width to higher channel width like 2.4Ghz : 40Mhz, 5Ghz: 80Mhz. 

If still the same, 

For the Mu-MiMO,  may I know the model of the router &  a photo of the driver date & and PC motherboard information.

For the spacial stream ,you may share a photo of the router wireless settings and check what is the Wi-Fi link speed between router and the TP-Link adapter and share a photo. 

Thanks. 

Options
2022-09-23 18:02:29

Hi @Solla-topee 

Please see my reply as per below:

- Currently using the latest and greatest official driver for the TX20U Plus.

• Make sure you have disabled the built - in or other Wi-Fi adapters, from the photo the adapter information does not seem to be of TX20U Plus adapter. 

- TX20U Plus is the only adapter that connected to my system. The photo was the actual adapter info for TX20U Plus that's why I'm asking help to fix the issue.

• Please confirm the Wi-Fi router supports MU-MIMO in the router specifications. 

- The Wi-Fi router is TP-Link Archer AX73 with MU-MIMO enabled. I don't think the router/network was causing the issue as other adapters like Archer T3U and Archer T4U both working without any issues on the same router/network.

• For the number of TX/RX spacial streams, try to adjust the router's Wifi Channel width to higher channel width like 2.4Ghz : 40Mhz, 5Ghz: 80Mhz. 

- Channel width was confirmed 2.4Ghz : 40Mhz, 5Ghz: 80Mhz.

If still the same, 

For the Mu-MiMO,  may I know the model of the router &  a photo of the driver date & and PC motherboard information.

- Router: TP-Link Archer AX73 V1.0 with latest official firmware. Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M LE/USB3

For the spacial stream ,you may share a photo of the router wireless settings and check what is the Wi-Fi link speed between router and the TP-Link adapter and share a photo. 

Wi-Fi Link Speed:

Thanks.

Options
2022-09-26 01:47:01

@pclui 

Thank you very much for more case details, to look into this further, we created a support email TKID220929576 and will get your case escalated through that email, please check your email inbox later. 

Options
2022-10-02 19:37:56

pclui wrote

Apparently, MU-MIMO is not ready on TX20U Plus using TP-Link provided driver version 5001.0.13.106, dated 23/12/2021 on Windows 10 21H1. Enable DL MU-MIMO on adapter properties advanced option also didn't help.

The Tx/Rx spatial streams seem like not working correctly.

Please help to rectify the issue.

Thank you.

@pclui 

Options
2022-11-13 19:12:49
I confirm this problem exists. I do not observe the effect of turning on the DL MU-MIMO flag. The netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities command outputs: MU-MIMO : Not supported Number of spatial streams Tx : 1 Number of spatial streams Rx : 1 Number of simultaneous channels supported : 1
Options
2022-11-16 06:31:26

@STN Thanks for the feedback.

Archer TX20U did support MU-MIMO. It is suggested to install the driver on this link and check compatibility status again:

Archer TX20U Plus cannot connect to the network

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-16 08:35:48

@David-TP 

Yes, with this driver information about the adapter is displayed correctly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1004

Replies: 7