RE650V2 setup issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE650V2 setup issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE650V2 setup issues
RE650V2 setup issues
2022-10-15 07:48:22 - last edited 2022-10-31 00:49:52
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Well , it's an impressive size , but seriously , that's about all !

Followed all instructions , all to no avail. The Tether app , could see the device , but would not accept the "One Mesh"  pwd !

As an ex Google Engineer , guys , you need to seriously do better , this app has too many flaws , is too unreliable to perform simple tasks.

My only recourse is to do everything manually , hooray , just what I wanted in 2022 !

So , if "Quick Install" doesn't work , frankly , you are on your own !

All the pages of support I went too , simply tell me that.

Not happy Jan , you sell some good gear , how about you make it work outside the Lab !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RE650V2 setup issues-Solution
2022-10-30 04:04:53 - last edited 2022-10-31 00:49:52

@Solla-topee 

Also sorry for the late reply.

I did , finally , get this extender working , but had to do it almost in reverse of the instructions. The closer it was to the router (Archer VR2100) the worse it was to get it going.

I moved it away and the tether app actually started to work with it then.

I suspect that the closeness of the router & extender to the phone may well have swamped the phone and resulted in jumbled signal making it unworkable.

I also had issues just trying the ethernet connection up close , again away , it worked fine.

Curious , but thanks for your help

B2

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:RE650V2 setup issues
2022-10-25 03:23:17

@Fredst 

Sorry for the late reply, may I know were you able to setup the range extender with Wifi router at last? 

In case any user experience similar concerns, here are some configuration and tips for setting up the range extender , hope this can provide any help 

[Configuration Guide]TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

If the leds like Wifi / Signal led does not light up after the installation ,this could be due to wrong password was put in, and you could try some suggestions here. 

[Troubleshooting] Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

Options
Re:RE650V2 setup issues-Solution
2022-10-30 04:04:53 - last edited 2022-10-31 00:49:52

@Solla-topee 

Also sorry for the late reply.

I did , finally , get this extender working , but had to do it almost in reverse of the instructions. The closer it was to the router (Archer VR2100) the worse it was to get it going.

I moved it away and the tether app actually started to work with it then.

I suspect that the closeness of the router & extender to the phone may well have swamped the phone and resulted in jumbled signal making it unworkable.

I also had issues just trying the ethernet connection up close , again away , it worked fine.

Curious , but thanks for your help

B2

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 2