Using Archer AX73 for printer sharing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-26 00:00:33 - last edited 2022-10-26 21:29:43
Tags: #USB Sharing #Printer sharing
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi -

Is that even possible? I found one link here to a generic utility download, but that stalled my computer & prevented normal startup, and I had to remove the entire thing with its extensions to be able to use my iMac basically at all.

I found nothing else on either the topic or in the Downloads section for the model anywhere on this site, besides this, which seems to indicate that it should be possible on the AX73 (specifically lists the model on the top where it says "This Article Applies to:") https://www.tp-link.com/dk/support/faq/744/

I wanted to do it via USB, but is an ethernet connection then a possibility?

Sorry my general ignorance of these things. Not sure what I must have missed.

Greetings & thanks, 

Polarius

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using Archer AX73 for printer sharing-Solution
2022-10-26 02:07:06 - last edited 2022-10-26 21:29:43

@Polarius 

Check this thread - AX73 doesn't seem to support Print Server feature, probably a typo in the FAQ.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Using Archer AX73 for printer sharing-Solution
2022-10-26 02:07:06 - last edited 2022-10-26 21:29:43

@Polarius 

Check this thread - AX73 doesn't seem to support Print Server feature, probably a typo in the FAQ.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Using Archer AX73 for printer sharing
2022-10-26 21:31:12

@terziyski Thank you. Disappointing, to be sure, as in some reviews for the model support for printer server is mentioned as one alt function of the USB port. Oh well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 585

Replies: 2

Tags

USB Sharing
Printer sharing