Votes

Standby mode for HDD connected via USB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-07 13:13:01 - last edited 2022-11-09 09:08:20
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(4555)

Hi,

Trying to revive the topic that was raised a couple of times.

The HDD connected to the USB just doesn't go to standby mode and works all the time, even when there are no connections.

Previous iterations ended with nothing.

Hard drives never goes to sleep

Put HDD in standby mode

Philbert attempted to state that it is expected behavior.

The second topic is just being ignored.

Having no basic standby just makes the whole feature useless. I assume the company should be interested in its finalization.

Is there a chance that the roadmap already contains the USB bug fix, or is it necessary to wrap it as a "feature request"?

Thank you,

Anton

Options
1 Reply
Re:Standby mode for HDD connected via USB
2022-11-08 08:29:56 - last edited 2022-11-08 08:30:18

Hello @antonkw 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if Standby mode for the HDD feature can come to our home routers, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and other community users can also vote on it if they also require the same.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 252

Replies: 1

Voters 1