Official EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55 is NOW available

Official EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55 is NOW available

90 Reply
Re:Early Release EasyMesh Firmware for Archer AX55
2023-01-30 05:28:31

jra11500 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Scenario: AX55 with two RE700X extenders in an EasyMesh configuration.

I enabled the guest network of the AX55 for testing. Using Wifi Tool. I see that the guest network does not propagate through the extenders and is only available to those clients connected to the AX55. Can someone confirm that an EasyMesh network and a guest network are incompatible?  I know this to be true with some devices from other manufacturers such as Linksys.

@jra11500 

This seems similar to the issue reported by FWag in the following thread, and our engineers are checking with the developer to see if this can be improved in the future:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?replyId=1173378

We will update here once it's confirmed by the developers.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-02-03 16:59:30

@Kevin_Z Hi, I have been testing easymesh with 2 ax55.

The setup was not very problematic and I managed to get the 2 decently far away and working with backhauling (a cable from the main router goes into the input for the sattelite one).

It worked fine, at full speed for a day and then it went crazy.

The cpu load for the main router (the only one that shows stats) was always at 99%, IPTV stopped working and devices were jumping around the network, even the number of wired devices fluctuated between the routers.

All of it gets fixed if I remove the cable, even without resetting any router, and the load falls to around 30-40%

I tried multiple restarts with the cable with no success and find it weird that everything worked fine for the first day and broke down the next.

Is this a known issue? Is it possible for me to try the 1.1.6 firmware? I live in europe and don't have access to it yet

Options
2023-02-03 17:11:15
I saw on another post that you do not recommend using cross region firmware. That said, is there an eta for europe? Also I dont thing you mentioned and patch notes. Is the team aware of the problem I mentioned? Thanks
Options
2023-02-03 19:36:50

@Terrantez 

From what I understand, the second AX55 must use wireless backhaul for now. Ethernet backhaul is not yet supported. In the mean time you might configure the wired second AX55 as an access point. That is what I have done here until the eithernet backhaul firmware becomes available.

Options
2023-02-03 19:48:45

@jra11500 Thanks for the response, then I guess it is impressive that it works at all.

I will wait for the feature then.

Options
2023-02-06 09:27:04

Hello @Terrantez 

@jra11500 is right. The early release EasyMesh firmware doesn't support to use wired or Ethernet backhaul at the moment, it only supports to build a wireless backhaul between the main and the stellite.

Please wait and check for the updates in the future, and EasyMesh will support to build an Ethernet backhaul.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-02-24 08:16:39

@Kevin_Z 

Do you have any idea when suppport will bring for us beta firmware with Ethernet backhaul for AX55? The waiting is killing me because my two AX55 cant wait these function. Also cant wait DDNS service, TP-Link ID and Internet FTP USB storage device function on satellite router. Or maybe will be possible to make two hard drive separately connected on main and satellite router to visible as one or both hard drive showing on USB storage device in main router. 

Options
2023-02-28 23:09:20

@Kevin_Z 

checking the compatibility list now it states Archer AX20 v3, previously this said V2, is V2 still planned? Thanks

Options
2023-03-01 08:35:12
Actually not to worry, think I must of been looking at the US website compatability list, I see the UK website compatability list still lists AX20 Version 2 as planned.
Options
2023-03-02 11:01:22

klipse wrote

Actually not to worry, think I must of been looking at the US website compatability list, I see the UK website compatability list still lists AX20 Version 2 as planned.

@klipse You are right. It could be more precise to refer to the product list on the local website, which is managed and updated by the local website admins.

But please be aware that PLANNED is not a guarantee as stated on the EasyMesh Product page that the compatible device list will be updated regularly, and TP-Link reserves the right to modify this page at any time without notifying the user.

Options