EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

733 Reply
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-01-29 03:15:30

@Kevin_Z  I understand, but if the main router has a "home network" and a "guest network", I guessed that the satellites will replicate both of them, now I only have the home network in all my rooms and the guest network only in 1/3 of the house, and no means to set it ip in the rest of the house where  the guest rooms actually are. I guess I'll have to go back to a 3 independent router setup with no mesh. I hope you can adress this in the future.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8 - SSID Hide Bug Report
2023-01-29 03:18:11

td1 wrote

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin, Testing the Beta version at your link below, on two Archer C80 V1, connected by an Ethernet Backhaul. 

I think there is a bug on the Satellite Router, not "taking/getting" the right configuration of the Main Router.

The "Hide SSID" seems not to work on the Satellite Router

The "Hide SSID" feature was tested, & seems to work well on the Main Router, however the Satellite router keeps transmitting the SSID (although) set as Hide.  This can be confirmed to be "origin to" the Satellite by turning it on/off & seeing that the SSID is not hidden by it.   

I think that SSID hide is a basic security related issue.   Can you please confirm & provide an updated FW version ?

@td1 We will need to confirm this as well. I will let you know if this is an issue or not.

td1 wrote

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin, Testing the Beta version at your link below, on two Archer C80 V1, connected by an Ethernet Backhaul. 

Further, a good feature would be explaining LAN->WAN connection between the Main & Satellite router on the GUI/Documentation & further listing that control GUI will go "off" on Satellite Router. 

May be a further good feature would be to add at least a basic "1 line" GUI on the Satellite router, telling something like "Satellite router GUI Mode - The Router is Controlled as Slave by the Main/Master router,  for Control Return to factory default 'Reset the router' "  

@td1 These would be forwarded to our developers for consideration. Thank you very much for your valued suggestions.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-01-29 03:27:23

vietdung wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I need your help  connect C80 to AX55 in easymesh mode.

I have a C80 with Archer C80_V1.0_1.12.1 Build 20221220 firmware version

and a AX55 with 1.1.6 Build 20221126 firmware version.

1. I reset C80 (or set C80 as satellite router).

2. I set AX55 as Main Router

3. When AX55 adds satellite router, AX55 do not find a sattelite router.

Thank you.

@vietdung Did you connect the C80 to the AX55 via a LAN cable? Please remove the cable first if you did. Then follow this setup video again to confirm if you can add the C80 to the EasyMesh network.

If still no luck, please try configuring the C80 as the main router, and add the AX55 as the satellite to see if they can join the EasyMesh network successfully.

Thank you very much.

Options
2023-01-29 03:39:25

FWag wrote

@Kevin_Z  I understand, but if the main router has a "home network" and a "guest network", I guessed that the satellites will replicate both of them, now I only have the home network in all my rooms and the guest network only in 1/3 of the house, and no means to set it ip in the rest of the house where  the guest rooms actually are. I guess I'll have to go back to a 3 independent router setup with no mesh. I hope you can adress this in the future.

@FWag Thank you so much for the detailed information again.

Sure, we will soon report this to the developers and ask them to confirm if this can be optimized in the future firmware releases.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-02-10 09:20:57 - last edited 2023-02-10 09:41:58

@Kevin_Z 

I have two Archers C80 V1 with new firmware (ArcherC80V122121266258n). I currently have a router from my ISP (with DHCP active and wi-fi disabled) and one C80 router in AP mode close to it that is wired to it via ethernet cable (DHCP disabled and wi-fi active). And from the first C80, another ethernet cable goes (through the wall) upstairs to the second C80 also in AP mode (DHCP disabled and wi-fi active). And everything works fine. I have strong wi-fi both on the ground floor and upstairs and several devices (TVs, DVR, PCs) connected to these C80s via ethernet cables (without speed loss). But I don't have EasyMesh. What should I do to enable this feature? Should I put the first C80 in router mode and leave the second one in AP mode? With DHCP disabled on both of them?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-02-10 11:17:32

milan.ns wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have two Archers C80 V1 with new firmware (ArcherC80V122121266258n). I currently have a router from my ISP (with DHCP active and wi-fi disabled) and one C80 router in AP mode close to it that is wired to it via ethernet cable (DHCP disabled and wi-fi active). And from the first C80, another ethernet cable goes (through the wall) upstairs to the second C80 also in AP mode (DHCP disabled and wi-fi active). And everything works fine. I have strong wi-fi both on the ground floor and upstairs and several devices (TVs, DVR, PCs) connected to these C80s via ethernet cables (without speed loss). But I don't have EasyMesh. What should I do to enable this feature? Should I put the first C80 in router mode and leave the second one in AP mode? With DHCP disabled on both of them?

@milan.ns  Thank you for aksing.

The main router needs to be in Router mode when building up an EasyMesh network, please change the main router to Router mode, then enable EasyMesh and add the satellite device.

Kind reminder: It's suggested to change the ISP-provided router to bridge mode or modem-only, and leave the main C80 as the main router to avoid double NAT in the network.

You could refer to the EasyMesh FAQ for more details when applying EasyMesh.

Options
2023-02-10 13:33:35

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you very much. This is very helpful. Will double NAT cause problems even though I don't have devices directly connected to the ISP router? All devices are connected (via cable or wirelessly) to either the first C80 or the second c80. With my ISP, it is not so easy to set the router in bridge mode. If double NAT isn't going to cause major problems, I wouldn't do anything for now. I don't have much experience with it.

Options
2023-02-10 17:41:18

So i notice that Archer C80 v2.0 didn't get the new firmware yet, nor is it on the planned list. Will I brick my router if I install the v2.2 firmware on it?

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8 - SSID Hide Bug Report
2023-02-11 17:47:23

@Kevin_Z Dear Kevin, I had upgraded to the Official release of this version (1.12.1 Build 221212) & Still the same issues appear.   SSID Hide doesn't work on the Satellite.   Further, I could not check the Guest WiFi behavior, but is it also affected by the "Hide" Flag ?  or should it get its own Hide Check Box ?

Did you confirm the issue ?  (I think it has to do with security)

You can further check this by making the EasyMesh connection & powering off the main router, 

you would see the Sat. Router broadcasting the SSID although Hide is selected.

Can you estimate when will a fixed version be released ?

Will you address the same issue with the Guest Network ?

Options
2023-02-11 19:12:18

Hi Everyone,

I want first to say thanks for TP-Link. I implemented the scneario below and achieved all expected results by using the Easymesh.

I'm not doing propaganda.

One of the problem that I solved was the link by using WDS. Now I can know that it's really connecting by using nominal specificy scpecification 5Ghz (1300Mpbs).

I also tested the ethernet backhaul by simulating the cable removal. I wall very good and fast tha reliability.

Any comment or questions feel free. :)

Options
Related Articles