Trying to replace old Sky router with Archer D20 AC750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-26 17:27:46
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1

I was asked to upgrade my father in laws router and after upgrading my own so easily decided to buy him an Archer D20 AC750 modem/router.

I swapped it out for his old Sky DSL router but after many failed attempts have been unable to connect it to the internet. The ISP list shows the only option for Sky as Sky BskyB dsl and when i enter what i thought was the generic PPPoa username and password showed connection failed. I have tried different usernames from other forums but either this is the wrong Modem/Router and doesn't work with Sky or I need some alternative usernames and passwords for the ISP login.

Has anyone used this router successfully to replace a sky router? Setting mine up through BT was a doddle but this has been a nightmare.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trying to replace old Sky router with Archer D20 AC750
2022-12-01 09:37:50

@Johnsmoggy 

Hi, on the web interface of Archer D20, you should be able to see the DSL sync status. Have you seen D20 successfully sync to ADSL/ADSL2+?

Or will you see the DSL light on D20 is steady on?

Did you also add 3/38 as the VPI/VCI?

Best regards.

Options