WAN is continuous changing ip.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-22 08:51:30
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: V3_1.5.0 Build 220518

Hello to everyone;

Recently I bought TP-link Archer VR600 AC2100 v3. Internet was coming to my modem from the WAN port with gpone-ont at home. During installation, I put my newly purchased TP-link Archer VR600 AC2100 v3 into wireless router mode. After the device rebooted, I entered my ISP username and password. I have successfully connected. I haven't had a problem so far. Please correct me if my steps are wrong. My main problem is that when I try to do anything with my laptop, my connection drops. When I do a speed test, I get full speed for the first 5 seconds. Then the speed test freezes and suddenly drops to half speed, sometimes down to 1-10 mbps speeds. Same problem with Steam downloads, download is at 50 mbps for 5 seconds then I get freezing and slow speed. When I check from the TP-Link interface, the ip address given to me by the ISP changes every time after these connection freezes. The interesting thing is that there is no freezing when performing a speed test on mobile, downloading or watching videos. Please share with me if you have any information. I really need it right now. I can't speak English well. I apologize to everyone for this. Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:WAN is continuous changing ip.
2022-12-28 07:53:03

@rainbow6 

Normally, the WAN IP is assigned by ISP directly, maybe you could check with ISP whether they are able to provide a fixed WAN IP address for you, a public one would be perfect.

It is also suggested to manually change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 1

Related Articles