Votes

Easymesh with wired routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-25 12:39:43 - last edited 2022-12-28 09:11:32
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(5553)

HI, I have 3 Archer C80 routers in my house, they are all wired (one connected to the modem and the other two wired to that one) and working with the same SSID. I dont know if Easymesh option applies to my setup, can I put two of the wired routers as satellites routers or is it just intended to use wireless? Can someone give me suggestion to the better setup with these 3 routers? Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Easymesh with wired routers-Solution
2022-12-28 09:10:54 - last edited 2022-12-28 09:11:02

Hello @FWag

We are excited to inform you that Archer C80V1/Archer C64V1/Archer A8V1 are supporting EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul now, and we are providing an early-released version of firmware for you in the following thread:

Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8

Please download and install this version on your router to build an Ethernet backhaul via EasyMesh between these routers.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Easymesh with wired routers
2022-12-26 01:59:51

@FWag 

Archer C80 currently doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul when building up an EasyMesh network. You can read this thread to get more details on how does EasyMesh work between routers.

You can only connect them all to the EasyMesh system via wireless at the moment. But as stated by TP-Link, Ethernet Backhaul has been planned and it will be available in the future.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Easymesh with wired routers-Solution
2022-12-28 09:10:54 - last edited 2022-12-28 09:11:02

Hello @FWag

We are excited to inform you that Archer C80V1/Archer C64V1/Archer A8V1 are supporting EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul now, and we are providing an early-released version of firmware for you in the following thread:

Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8

Please download and install this version on your router to build an Ethernet backhaul via EasyMesh between these routers.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-01-20 15:53:40

Thanks  @Kevin_Z son far no problems with the new firmware, the only bug that i,ve found is that the GUEST Network is only available in the main router, and there is no way to set up in the satellites. Hope you can fix this 

Options
2023-01-29 03:41:59

FWag wrote

Thanks  @Kevin_Z son far no problems with the new firmware, the only bug that i,ve found is that the GUEST Network is only available in the main router, and there is no way to set up in the satellites. Hope you can fix this 

@FWag Thank you once again for the feedback.

I have reported this issue to the developers and ask them to confirm if this can be optimized in the future firmware releases.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 519

Replies: 4

Voters 3