Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now

Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now

163 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi Routers that are Planned to support WireGuard VPN
2023-10-01 11:54:44

@Kevin_Z does this mean no plans for the mesh routers is in discussion? I have the Deco XE75.

Thank you

Options
2023-10-06 06:53:13

@Kevin_Z, if you are still around, would be helpful to everyone if you can update on the timeline for those plans on the front page 😅

Not meant to be pessimistic but it's basic requirements nowadays for any plans to have a revert/done by date so as to enable meaningful tracking/feedback etc ✌️

After all, a plan without any deadline, might as well not plan, get my driff 😉

Options
2023-10-06 13:56:57

@Kevin_Z 

PLEASE provide at least a FW with latest openvpn

Better... a clear deadline when we can expect a firmware with:

- Latest openvpn for openvpn client

- Latest wireguard for wireguard client.

TP-Link could make a difference to all competetors by that way.

I mean, the AX11000 is the flagship and most expensive router of TP-LINK.

Options
Re:Wi-Fi Routers Support WireGuard VPN Now
2023-10-22 19:43:49

@Kevin_Z 

Archer AX73 ДАДАДА

Options
2023-10-22 20:00:10 - last edited 2023-10-22 20:16:32

@Kevin_Z 

It's way too late. 

You are celebrating the addition of every new model as if it's some sort of breakthrough. 

ASUS routers have supported WireGuard for a long time now, all models, and simultaneously with OpenVPN and others, many servers and clients for different protocols can run at the same time, as well as native TOR support, also at the same time. Support for secure DNS, and assigning clients (LAN nodes) to different DNS configurations, as well as to different VPN a clients, or via CIDR addressing. 

GL.iNet routers too, and these are even in a travel router category, but a powerful and advanced little devices!

These brands are in the same price category as TP-Link and they support so much more, that TP-Link seems like it's stiil in the Stone Age.

I really do wonder why people who are interested in these features even bother with TP-Link. There is a whole another world out there where so much more is available and possible, and I am not talking about any sort of high-end or professional routers.

I used to have TP-Link router when I was in dark. Just a memory of its web interface or mobile app — what a joke they are, made for housewives.

Options
2023-10-23 02:49:57

MWMLefty wrote

@Kevin_Z does this mean no plans for the mesh routers is in discussion? I have the Deco XE75.

Thank you

@MWMLefty 

Nope. Here we just list some of the Wi-Fi Router models that we've confirmed with the related department. We haven't confirmed with the team who is responsible for Deco. I believe Deco will also support WireGuard in the near future. We will start a thread to announce that when there are Deco models support WireGuard. Please wait.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-24 15:51:47

@SRGDVX 

"I really do wonder why people who are interested in these features even bother with TP-Link. There is a whole another world out there where so much more is available and possible, and I am not talking about any sort of high-end or professional routers."

AX11000 here. My last TP-Link router ever.

After 8 months no FW wit wireguard and latest openvpn client support.

openvpn in actual FW is outdated as well.

Options
2023-10-26 20:23:49

@Kevin_Z  Any updates?

Options
2023-10-27 09:28:36

@Alexpik 

What is the model of your router, please?

Currently, we only have the listed models that support WireGuard VPN.

The good news is that our developers are working to add support for connecting the Archer router or Deco to some popular WireGuard VPN servers as a client, which may improve the VPN connection even quicker.

Here is an example of configuring NordVPN WireGuard on the Deco App. We will publish the FAQs to show you how to connect the Archer routers to the WireGuard VPN servers. Stay tuned.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-01 03:07:13

@xx92 

Actually if I remembered correctly, apart from the AX55, which started this thread, the rest of the planned devices actually had no progress at all.

Those added on devices, which supposedly saw fw introduction were just added on from the sky 😇

Can't help but wonder, why still no timeline despite requests for it??? 🤔

Options
Related Articles