Why can't I view Tapo C310 stream remotely on Home Assistant?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-09 04:15:18

I recently started using Home Assistant and wish to integrate my Tapo C310 outdoor cameras. I have created my user name and account on the app but I am unable to view the stream remotely, even through VLC player. My home network uses Virgin Broadband with their router as an access point and my own TP-Link router connected to it. I have added port 554 in the Virtual server section of my router, but I am unsure if I should use the IP address for the camera when entering this information. When attempting to view the stream on VLC, I receive an error message: "VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://USER:PASSWORD1066@IP ADDRESS:554/stream1'."

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why can't I view Tapo C310 stream remotely on Home Assistant?
2023-02-10 01:15:38

Hello  @JunaN 

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

Please ensure you can stream the Tapo C310 camera locally on Home Assistant or VLC Player

If you can stream the camera locally but not remotely, it can be something to do with the port forwarding or url you are using. 

RTSP URL : rtsp:// router WAN(public) IP address:554/stream1

Here is related topic that may help: Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1163

Replies: 1

Related Articles