Votes

Add action button to camera view

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-11 17:48:30

I have various cameras, sockets and lights and it would be nice if I could turn on a specific light/socket when viewing from a specific camera. Basically to be able to add an action button to a camera.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Add action button to camera view
2023-02-20 03:14:28

Hi  @Gii 

Thank you very much for starting a feature request! 'Streaming camera as the trigger 'does not seem to be very common,  can you share some user-scenarios so more users who get interested can vote for it, thank you.

If you own a smart plug, you can turn it on via app then stream the camera, 

You could also keep an eye on  the floodlight camera (not released yet) and see if that suit your needs,  

Tapo C720  https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/cloud-camera/tapo-c720/ 

Options
Re:Add action button to camera view
2023-03-04 20:02:45

@Solla-topee 

When you say:

"If you own a smart plug, you can turn it on via app and then stream the camera"

To do this, I have to exit the camera view, turn the light on, and then return to the camera view. When you have many cameras and lights that take some time and if you are seeing a burglar every second counts to prevent something to happen. I have a siren attached to a plug and turning it on before the burglar brakes a window is my goal.

My idea is to add a customizable button near the other buttons (Talk, Voice Call, Privacy Mode, Alarm Off, ...), this way I can turn the plug (siren) on while I´m watching the camera.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 297

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.