Tapo C200 Onvif - No Audio

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-08 08:40:51
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.19

Hi I am able to get the video feed on both VLC and ispy but no audio.

I get intermittent pop sound.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 Onvif - No Audio
2023-03-09 09:22:04 - last edited 2023-03-09 09:23:58

@Vishalalex 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Here are some suggestions for this issue:

1. Check the volume settings on VLC/iSpy software

2. Test the camera speaker in Tapo APP ( liveview, voice call)

3. If you use audio equipment, please watch the camera on the computer to test whether the sound is normal.

4. If you use the recording feature on the VLC/iSpy, please check if the sound of the recorded video is normal.

To further assist with the case, we've created a support ticket TKID230315052 for you. Please share a video and screenshots of the VLC/iSpy settings to us, we'll help to look into this case. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-09 13:18:24

@Wayne-TP hi I can confirm that the audio works on the Tapo app but not on VLC.

But when I unmuted on the app I am able to hear on VLC.

Thanks for the tip.

Options
2023-03-15 09:15:41

@Vishalalex 

Thank you for the feedback. Tapo APP controls the settings of the camera, if the microphone is disabled in the APP, you won't hear the sound from the camera in the APP and the VLC player. When it is unmuted, you will hear the sound again. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-15 09:40:47

@Wayne-TP 

Also noticed the date and time resets without internet access. Connecting the Cam to the internet is not a good practice.

Wayne-TP wrote

@Vishalalex 

Thank you for the feedback. Tapo APP controls the settings of the camera, if the microphone is disabled in the APP, you won't hear the sound from the camera in the APP and the VLC player. When it is unmuted, you will hear the sound again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1178

Replies: 4

Related Articles