Deco PX-50 network reconfiguring [automagically]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-20 15:32:22 - last edited 2023-10-12 10:19:57
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello!

I've recently gotten a PX-50 3 pack in hopes to get around my daughter's room which is very similar to a Faraday cage and in the middle of our apartment, while I get great speeds (300mbps and 16ms latency) when my network configured itself as living room > bedroom > main bedroom, but..

I find the deco being a bit too smart for Itself and reconfiguring itself as a hub and spoke model in the image, where speeds drop to below 50mbps and 300-600ms latency. Using the optimisation button doesn't do anything most of the time.

I'm looking for a way where I can set the routing and hopefully disable the plc bridge in the main bedroom as it's circuit is the worst one causing poor speeds and terrible latency to the point I might return this product as it's not solving my needs.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco PX-50 network reconfiguring [automagically]
2023-03-21 07:21:37

@nhp 

Hi, welcome to the community.

So far, it is still not allowed to manually configure the Mesh Backhaul between Deco units.

So I need your help to get more details to approve Wi-Fi Backhaul between the bedroom and main bedroom, is better than PLC Backahul between the living room and main bedroom.

1. Before there is a great speed  (300mbps and 16ms latency), the network configured itself as living room > bedroom > main bedroom,  have you checked its Mesh Backahul types? is it like map #1?

2. Now when the Main Bedroom decided to choose PLC backhaul over WiFi Backhaul(map #2) the speed dropped to 50mbps and 300-600ms latency.

3. As for the speed of 300mbps and 16ms latency/50mbps and 300-600ms latency,  are these wireless speeds or Ethernet speeds from the main bedroom PX50?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
Re:Deco PX-50 network reconfiguring [automagically]
2023-03-21 16:06:24

@David-TP 

Yes your map 1 is correct with the ideal setup, The map 1 only difference is I still saw the plc icon but the layout is identical.

Speeds were tested with fast.com over ethernet plugged into main bedroom device.

I'll be traveling for the next 7 days but will be happy to convince the network to reconfigure itself and traceroute as well as fast.com speeds in the different configurations once back.

Paul

Options