India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G

India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G

394 Reply
Re:India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
2023-05-15 01:24:36

@ArvindYadav @gokuking 

Please provide the model number, hardware version and current firmware version of your TP-Link 4G router.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
2023-05-15 01:30:05

@realChandan 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

The beta firmware added a new technology to support the Jio 5G network, there might be some issue with other ISP SIM card, and the future official solution will differentiate between ISPs. And for now, if you would like to use Jio SIM card, please continue using the beta firmware, if you would like to use other ISP SIM card, it is recommended to install previous firmware version. 

By the way, if you still have Jio 4G SIM card, please let me know if Jio 4G card still works fine on this beta firmware.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-15 16:40:34 - last edited 2023-05-15 16:46:01

Yes, the Jio 4G SIM card works, but there is still the same issue as with other 4G SIM cards. Some sites will load, while others will not. Additionally, please note that I am using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, so there is no question of DNS not resolving.

In regard to using the Jio 4G SIM card specifically, I would like to add that the Wi-Fi was providing no internet. Only Ethernet was working, or maybe it was something specific to me.

Options
2023-05-16 04:09:59

@Sunshine please find the firmware and model

Options
2023-05-16 06:38:10

@Sunshine I have got MR6400 v1 and have been using jio sim on it, Recently i tried to use a jio sim which is 5g ready and was not able to connect internet, in access point setting it will only connect to ipv6 and the 3g/4g connection status is shown as connected but it cannot connect to internet. Please provide needed support in this matter. I have got 2 MR6400 devices and both cannot connect with jio sim.

Options
2023-05-16 08:31:10

@Sunshine beta version for v3, internet works, but SMS doesn't work. Also when unplugged and shut down over a nights time, I am not able to connect to internet the next morning, will require to reflash with beta firmware.

when can we expect a stable release please.

Options
2023-05-16 09:37:02

@Kilsa 

I am also having the same issue, The router stops providing **internet after a point of time, I have jio 5g sim and beta firmware, and I have had this problem twice so far, I don't resort immediately to flashing the beta firmware again but instead factory restore and restoring old configuration. That's far easier.

**Also, It'd very odd, that google[dot]com and google's other sites works perfectly while no other sites seem to work when this happens!

Options
2023-05-17 03:28:56 - last edited 2023-05-17 03:36:01

@Kilsa @realChandan 

Hi, with 5G Jio SIM card on the beta firmware, when the internet stops working, please share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page along with the system log file.

Besides, if you just restart the MR600 or reinsert the 5G Jio SIM, will the internet recover or not?

@Kilsa Regarding Jio SMS issue, please refer to: Can’t send and receive SMS on TP-Link 4G Routers with Jio SIM card

@realChandan regarding the 4G Jio SIM issue, please also help to share those screenshots and log file. Normally the wired and wireless client devices should be the same behavior, may I know if you were using the same client device when testing wired and wireless connection?

Options
2023-05-17 03:30:07

@FARIS-A_E 

Hi, may I know if your two MR6400 are both V1? Actually the MR6400 V1 has been discontinued for many years, I am afraid there is no plan to release new firmware for V1 MR6400.

Options
2023-05-17 10:29:59

@realChandan Now jio 5g sim is working even on previous firmware Archer MR600(EU)_V2_220826. But airtel sim is not working on it. Cannot connect to internet. Signal strength is 100%, sms working. Please flash last firmware version Archer MR600(EU)_V2_220826 and check is airtel sim works on your router or not.

Options