India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G

India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G

408 Reply
Re:India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
2023-08-10 16:15:43 - last edited 2023-08-10 16:16:17

@Sunshine I tried this on V3 and it worked for JIO sim. But the speed is extremely slow even as compared to jio sim on a phone!!

The purpose is totally defeated

Now I want to revert to Airtel which doesnt work on this firmware. All the APNs are hardcoded and it says JIO even when Airtel sim is used!! 

I need to revert to original firmware (latest for V3 hardware) but it is not downloadable in TP Link website!! 

Please help!

Options
Re:India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
2023-08-11 08:45:32

@PrasanBhat 

Hi, we've tested the MR6400 V5.30 beta firmware on our end, it works fine, could you please try resetting the device to factory defaults by holding reset button for about 10s until the power LED flashing?

After that, please create the XLAT profile for Jio again and check if there will be Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status page.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-11 08:53:20

@Sharat 

Could you please share with us a screenshot of Advanced->Status page and Advanced->Network->Internet page with Jio SIM card?

Please pay attention to the Network Type, band and signal strength etc., then connect a computer to the MR600 via Ethernet cable or via 5G WiFi to test the internet speed.

For comparison, please insert the same Jio SIM into your phone again and enable phone hotspot, connect the same device to the phone hotspot to test speed again. 

Please also check the network type and band on the phone: How to check the 4G band working on our smartphones

By the way, what is the brand and model of your phone? Please note that the MR600 is LTE Advanced Cat6 product, usually smartphones now support much higher LTE categories, or even 5G, thus the phone speed might be indeed better than MR600 when it aggregates more bands.

For more related information, please refer to: What is Carrier Aggregation and how it works on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers/MiFi? 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-11 18:09:37

@Sunshine 

Hello I am using Tplink MR600 V2 

If i purchase new jio Postpaid sim and I prevent my new sim to insert in 5g smartphone for 5g conversion,In  this condition my new jio sim will work on normal stable firmware of tplink MR600

Options
2023-08-12 11:36:23

@Sunshine 

Thank You for the response.

Internet Speed on TPLink MR600 and Phone (Galaxy M31S) for comparison, LTE details as needed and Router settings are attached in zip file.

Phone I use is not 5G.. Its Galaxy M31S (no 5G, 3 year old).

Speed test conditions are same for both. kept side by side and tested. Signal strength is 50% on router. 

Airtel has better network in my area off late and I need to switch to airtel. Hence, I need firmware (as it came with router). It is not downloadable for MR600! 

Router is not even 3 days old

File:
tplink.zipDownload
Options
2023-08-13 07:51:49

@Sunshine 

I have updated my MR600 V2 to beta firmware. Now want to use Airtel sim instead of Jio sim in it. I am unable to connect internet with airtel sim. Pls help

Options
2023-08-13 10:19:43

@Sunshine 

MR600 v3 Beta version 230506 not working wifi and lan please New update 

Options
2023-08-13 10:24:08
Options
2023-08-13 10:25:10
Options
2023-08-14 02:10:09

@Sharat 

Hi, based on the screenshots and pictures, both the MR600 and your phone are working on 4G band 40, the speedtest comparison on the PC and your phone seems similar as well.

For MR600 V3 with current beta firmware, Airtel SIM might not work properly, and we will update a new beta firmware to work for both Jio and also other ISPs, once it is available, we will update the beta firmware on this thread. For now, please continue using the Jio SIM.

Options