India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G

India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G

408 Reply
Re:India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
2023-08-14 09:11:17

@Sunshine 

Thanks a lot for the update .. Will be expecting your response once available

Sunshine wrote

@Sharat 

Hi, MR600 V3 stock firmware is available on global site: Firmware Download for Archer MR600 V3, we will contact India local team about the India site.

However, I am afraid the Airtel still doesn't work after you installing back the stock firmware, and new beta firmware for MR600 V3 is expected to be available this week. I will share it with you as soon as possible once I get it.

Options
Re:India Jio SIM stops working on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers after upgrading to 5G
2023-08-14 10:59:53

@Abhi07 

Hi, please try creating a new Airtel profile manually on this page and set the PDP Type as IPv4 only, then check if it works.

By the way, is this Airtel SIM working fine on other 4G devices?

Abhi07 wrote

@Sunshine 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-14 11:18:13

@Sunshine 

Yes its working fine on another devices. In fact it worked for few minutes on router MR 600 V2 but then suddenly stopped working.

Thanks for prompt reply

Options
2023-08-14 13:11:54

@Sunshine Any idea when we can expect the firmware for MR600 V1 please

Options
2023-08-15 01:03:59

@Abhi07 

Hi, do you mean Airtel SIM still doesn't work now, even after creating IPv4 only profile?

If so, please email support.forum@tp-link.com and provide the screenshots and new system log file, our support engineer will continue to follow up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-15 01:09:07

@senpoos1 

I tried to talk with our senior engineer, it will take longer time to provide the MR600 V1 beta firmware, because the V1 is an old version and kind of different from the V2 or v3, thus the solution on the MR600 V2 still has some problem when using on V1, they will need to do more modification and testing to solve the issue, so no expected time can be given now. I will continue to monitor the progress and share with you once there is any update.

Options
2023-08-15 02:49:28

Sunshine wrote

@PrasanBhat 

Hi, we've tested the MR6400 V5.30 beta firmware on our end, it works fine, could you please try resetting the device to factory defaults by holding reset button for about 10s until the power LED flashing?

After that, please create the XLAT profile for Jio again and check if there will be Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status page.

@PrasanBhat Hello, may I know if the MR6400 V5.30 has been working with your Jio SIM after factory reset and adding XLAT profile manually?

We've received another MR6400 V5.30 case and confirmed that the Jio SIM works fine with the latest beta firmware after creating XLAT profile manually.

If it works for you as well, please share with us the MCC and MNC of your Jio 5G SIM card.

Options
2023-08-15 05:07:21

@Sunshine +1 from me too for the V1 firmware. Please do ask the developers to give priority to this.

Regards

Options
2023-08-15 08:28:30

@Sunshine 

Its got connected but after every 5 minutes its get disconnected. I have to refresh after 5 min. Why unstability?

Options
2023-08-15 09:02:03

@Sharat @SAS786 

Hi, I just updated the beta firmware for MR600(EU) V3, please update the latest beta firmware Archer_MR600(EU)_V3_230811 and let us know if internet works with your Jio or Airtel SIM.

Note: For Jio SIM, if it is not plug and play, please remember to create APN profile manually and set PDP Type as XLAT.

Sunshine wrote

@Sharat 

Hi, MR600 V3 stock firmware is available on global site: Firmware Download for Archer MR600 V3, we will contact India local team about the India site.

However, I am afraid the Airtel still doesn't work after you installing back the stock firmware, and new beta firmware for MR600 V3 is expected to be available this week. I will share it with you as soon as possible once I get it.

Options