Updated Archer A9 to newest Firmware and now can't use it as a wireless extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Updated Archer A9 to newest Firmware and now can't use it as a wireless extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-04 14:42:46 - last edited 2023-04-24 12:21:37
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

So I've had this router set up as a wireless extender (no ethernet plugged in) in my house since I bought it a few years ago. Suddenly it stopped working and became intermittent with its ability to keep an internet connection. Because of that, I decided to update the firmware to the newest version, 1.1.1. Now I've noticed that when accessing the admin page to make changes and set the router back up as a wireless extender, there's no option for advanced features, even when plugged into a PC. Am I missing something here or did TP-Link decide to dumb down the admin page? Also, are we no longer able to use this router as a wireless extender without plugging it in? If they did remove that feature, I'm hoping they bring it back, otherwise this thing is just going to become an expensive paperweight. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Updated Archer A9 to newest Firmware and now can't use it as a wireless extender
2023-04-24 12:27:57

Hello @Kyle_B 

As per the firmware release notes, there is no mention of removing the WDS Bridging mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a9/#Firmware

Are you able to find Range Extender mode on its web page? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 1