IPTV on Deco X20-based network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-07 00:51:22
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a 100Mbps cable internet service connected via an ARRIS modem/router to an X20 Version 1.2 designated as the main Deco. Two X20 Version 2.0 Decos are access points beyond the main unit. Since my house contains built-in Ethernet wiring, all three Deco X20s are backhauled. I use the network for general WIFI access and for IPTV. When I set up my network I was unaware of any special settings for IPTV. Although I have read and understand the two excellent  "How to configure..." posts, I lack any knowledge of why I should use these features. My IPTV has just worked from the beginning, albeit plagued with buffering, so I am searching for ways to optimize my IPTV experience. Can anyone direct me to a post or other any conceptual information that might help me understand what the VLAN/IPTV capability is all about and why one would employ it. Thanks, Ron

Options
1 Reply
Re:IPTV on Deco X20-based network
2023-04-07 08:47:55

@DecoRonn 

Hi, It might depend on what you want to do via the IPTV VLAN Tags.  Most IPTV service providers do not require additional VLAN tags for IPTV service.

Sometimes, users might want to separate the internet date traffic and IPTV traffic to different VLANs to protect the LAN/WLAN from Multicast flooding and you might consider setting the IPTV VLAN tag, such as this post: Do I need a VLAN for IPTV

For the internet smart TV with built-in IPTV Apps, IPTV VLAN tag is also not required.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 1