Deco X20 IPTV Buffering/Freezing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 19:15:03
Tags: #Iptv
Model: Deco   Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Latest

My setup is following:

Fiber optic ISP router has dedicated Ethernet port and dedicated IPTV port.

Main Deco X20 is connected to both ports, and port 1 on Deco is marked as IPTV and set to Bridge mode.

In another room there slave Deco X20. port 1 is marked as IPTV, and ISP TV Box is connected to it. So IPTV is bridged from ISP fiber router to TV Box via Deco.

Every day at some point time, TV box picture start freezing and buffering until all Deco units are rebooted, then it works fine again for approximately next 24h hours when reboot is needed, and so on...

It would't be a deal breaker if Deco X20 supports scheduled rebooting, but since it doesn, it is becoming really annoying that my family is calling me to work to ask me to reboot network remotely every single day.

Does someone has idea why IPTV TV Box is freezing every day randomly until Deco is rebooted?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X20 IPTV Buffering/Freezing
2023-05-17 03:55:21

@91stefan 

Hi, welcome to the community.

On the Deco, most of the IPTV scenarios I have seen are only one Ethernet connection from ISP Fiber ONT which loads both the internet data and IPTV data but would be separated by VLAN tags.  In your case, you already have two separate physical connections for Internet and IPTV service. I think it might be a problem.

The default working mode of Deco X20 Is also a wireless router. It is quite like, the original IPTV signal from the Fiber service needs to pass two NATs before reaching the Set Top Box.

So I think you might still need to connect the STB box directly to the ISP router via a long Ethernet cable, or a pair of powerline adapters would also help.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-17 05:58:20

@David-TP  thanks for response.

Do you have idea why usually it works normally and suddenly after 24h it starts freezing? Could it be that some internal cache is getting full or similar?

Anyway, long Ethernet cable is not possible. 

Is it possible to somehow schedule reboot on the Deco every night?

Options
2023-05-17 07:18:28

@91stefan 

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I did see Double NAT could interfere with the IPTV streaming but I might be not able to explain clearly what had happened further. I will check with the engineers if they have a better explanation.

By the way, may I know your IPTV service provider and the model number of the ISP fiber router?

As for the reboot schedule, some Deco models have supported this feature, but the current firmware of Deco X20 V4 has not added yet.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-17 08:50:04 - last edited 2023-05-17 10:00:24

@David-TP 

ISP is Telekom Srbija, device model is Huawei hg8245w5-6t. I dont belive its Double NAT issue since all devices are in Bridge mode.

This is my configuration on ISP Device:

And my Deco's IPTV configuration:  (Deco Port 1 is connected to LAN 2 of ISP device which is IPTV, and port 2 is connected to LAN 1 which is internet)

As I said, most of time it works perfectly, if I reset preventively in the morning, buffering/freezing does not occur until next day!

Options
2023-05-18 07:43:42

@91stefan 

Thank you very much for the details.

I would like to follow up on your case via email and forward it to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please make sure you have got an email from us.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-24 10:48:04 - last edited 2023-05-24 10:48:19

It seems my issue has been resolved.

Not sure which step resolved it but I installed 2 new firmware updates on Deco and enabled IGMP on both Deco (Enable IGMP option in UI) and my ISP router provider (Enabled IGMP proxy v3).

After which I didn't observe picture freezing and buffering.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 793

Replies: 6

Tags

Iptv
Related Articles