Constant internet connection loses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-16 18:59:21
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Just bought VX230v EU V1.0 modem and did the setup and connections (I'm using it as a modem not router) but even everything is ok I keep getting 1+ minute internet connection loses randomly and when this happens I can't even access the modem interface (tplinkmodem.net) I already talked with tplink live support and they told me that I should contact with my isp and they should fix my connection rates (upstream and downstream values) and isp did their job but problem still persist. I checked modem logs before calling the isp and saw "ppp0 lcp down" error and thought this may be the problem but now I don't think so because last error log was at 7.44 pm but I'm still having connection losses at 9.52 pm. This is my second modem (first one was VX230v v1.0 not EU model, this one is EU but no difference) and I can use my old huawei modem (I got it from my isp) with no issues, I just wanted to upgrade it to get wifi 6. 

I choose different model because mine wasn't on list.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Constant internet connection loses
2023-04-19 09:34:45

@ChandlerMBing 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Since VX230v is a customized model for the local internet service providers, its web management page and firmware upgrade are both different from the general models.

If you have contacted the ISP already but the issue still existed, please try to reach the local support team to see whether they had further suggestions or if RMA service is needed.

https://www.tp-link.com/tr/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options