Deco M4 - connection between satellites possible to improve coverage?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 17:27:05
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: latest

Hello Guys and Girls,

for context, my gf and i bought a deco m4 3 pack to combat the poor w-lan covarage at home. The home has 2 floors and realy thick walls... The initial router is standing at the top floor 2 at the outer wall. The Problem is that we cant move the router to a different location. So we are stuck with the Main-Deco on the Topfloor at the outer wall. 

So as u can guess the floor below has poor coverage (it drops from 400 mb/s to 80 mb/s .............). So we have the Main-Deco upstairs, a second Deco satellite right below at floor 1(only dropping to 250 mb/s now) and we have one, the third one, at the other side of the floor 1.

The Problem is now that the third Deco only connects to the Main-Deco upstairs. As i said already, we can't move the main deco. Is there a possebility that i can connect the third Deco satellite to the second Deco satellite for a better covarage and speeeeeeed? If so, how does it work? And can i do this without an ethernet cable?

Thanks for ur help and sorry for my poor english.

Kind regards

JoeV1

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - connection between satellites possible to improve coverage?
2023-04-20 20:30:51 - last edited 2023-04-20 20:31:16

@JoeV1 

You can do that with M4 on hardware V4. You listed hardware V7 for your M4, such hardware version does not exist. Deco M4 is available in V1, V2, V3 and V4 hardware. Find actual hardware version of your Deco M4 set and you'll know if that feature is available for it.

The feature is described here: How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

If your M4 are not V4, your options are: ethernet cable, powerline adapters, coax cable using MoCA adapters.

Options
2023-06-25 14:39:19

@JoeV1 

Each satellite decides automatically to connect either to the main Deco, or to another satellite.
With some Deco, you can manually override that, and configure a preferred neighbour.

Options
2023-06-26 17:32:30

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for your help.

I'm just configuring my new three Deco M4 and have the same issue.

How can I find HW version on my device?

Regards!

Options
2023-06-26 19:21:10

apousa wrote

@Alexandre. 

How can I find HW version on my device?

@apousa 

This TP-Link FAQ document may give you an idea where to look: How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 4