IOT device stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-23 08:40:52
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have previously been able to have my Brewbrain Float device connected to my Deco M5 mesh network, and it has been able to send collected data log's through this connection.

It has now stopped working. My device can connect OK, but no data getting through.

The device is OK, as it works when I connect to my iPhone wifi.

The device needs Channel 1, 6 or 11 and 2.4GHz. 

Is there anyway I can make it work again? All good advise are appreciated.

I have tried to change to access point and played around with variious settings, including factory resets.

Options
3 Reply
Re:IOT device stopped working
2023-04-24 02:09:08

@LarsB 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The Float is not registering any data points or missing some data points?

Have you tried the suggestions here:

https://my.brewbrain.nl/FAQ#little_data

It is also suggested to turn off Fast Roaming/ Beamforming, and disable "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for Brewbrain Float:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network (Case 3)

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-25 17:25:48

@David-TP 

thanks for ansswering. I have followed your advices, but is still struggling. I created an login/ logout alert on the device, and learned that it connects regularly as it shall. But no data registrations are pushed through. 

Options
2023-04-27 06:53:33

@LarsB 

Hi,

It is also suggested to refer to this link to change DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 per link.

I saw you mentioned Deco M5 has been set to AP mode before, so can I have the model number of your ISP modem-router combo? Does it also have WiFi and will Float be able to update data over ISP's Wi-Fi?

Have you ever contacted Float about what might be the possible reason for this issue? I did not see this feedback before and the engineer also has no clue yet.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

thank you very much.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 3

Related Articles