Deco X60 configured as AP to a pfsense router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-06 00:59:11
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50164

Network Map

NBN -> pfsense (WAN VLAN'd LAN Native 1 Ethernet Port Only) -> Managed Switch -> X60's wired -> Switch

pfsense is a Intel NUC having only 1 Ethernet connection so I VLAN the WAN connection and LAN is untagged.

Managed Switch has WAN from NBN as untagged Port and pfsense Port has native for rest of network, tagged for WAN NBN

Cabling Managed Switch to internal cabling to 3 positions for X60's

2nd port on X60's cabled to 8 port switches to provide wired connections to anything requiring it

X60's are set as AP mode.

pfsense is DCHP, DNS

Wired connections getting DHCP from pfsense work to the internet

X60's show as no Internet so WiFi devices get DHCP successfully from pfsense but as the X60's don't see/register seeing the Internet you only have access to LAN devices over WiFi

X60's in DECO App Deco Lab show IP as WiFi Device with GW and DS but Public IP , Provider, Location are all blank.

X60's can ping out to the internet.

Previous Setup was as above but pfsense router was EdgeRouter and the X60's could establish they had Internet access and so Deco Lab assistant worked fully.

Prior setup to EdgeRouter was a TPLink Archer 1200 and again that worked like the EdgeRouter did.

Deco Lab fails the Ping test with the pfsense router so what does it need to think to think the Internet works? does it need to see gateway Public IP in some aspect?

EdgeRouter worked with defaults set I did have static routes in for WAN -> LAN and LAN -> WAN

pfsense works on wired connections with defaults set, no additional rules or routes

Very annoying

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X60 configured as AP to a pfsense router
2023-05-06 09:08:41

@phildean66 

Hi, did you use to configure any VLAN settings on EdgeRouter as well?

Since Archer C1200 does not support internet VLAN tags, Deco in AP mode does not support any VLAN tags either.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options
2023-05-06 09:15:34

@David-TP 

yes but all untagged/Native for the LAN connections. 

As most OS's can't handle tagging. 

I have VMware running in my home lab so that is where most of my VLANs were on. 

the Deco's were only ever on native(VLANs) ports  

Options
2023-05-10 00:51:19
This is working for me now. in pfSense under system -> routing -> Gateways I set the default gateway for IPv6 from automatic (which is suppose to use the list above) to specifically the WAN_PPPOE gateway which is the only Gateway in my list. Wired and WiFi connections working a treat
Options