XE75 Pro Feels neglected - Great hardware wrapped in poor software - Fair assessment ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

XE75 Pro Feels neglected - Great hardware wrapped in poor software - Fair assessment ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-11 13:40:38 - last edited 2023-05-16 15:40:40
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230302 Rel. 60992

Hello Forum , Hope you are all well. 

I recently upgraded my Deco M9 plus 3 pack to the XE75 Pro 3 pack to go with my new 1 gigabit connection ( sold as 900/900mb )  I live in a 3 Floor property and thought the XE75 Pro would be a big upgrade but to my surprise not really.  Same setup additional decos are wireless connected in the same locations as the M9s.  Deco app reports strong signal between all of them. 

The Highest i have seen on the wireless is with a  laptop with a Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz wifi is about 600mbs Download and 550mbs Upload and that is a few metres away from the Main deco. Hard wired into the Main deco's Ethernet port gets me to the 900mbs up and down as expected. Similar wireless speeds on an Iphone 13 pro max but varies alot.

I did have a few days where the upload speed was limited through the deco to less than 20mbs for some bizarre reason and still struggles occasional. Running the speed check and cable connection on my ISP router confirmed is was a deco problem. 

My concern is that with my few years with the M9 units i found them to be reliable with only a few faults but the XE75 Pro seems to show alot of promise but looks like TP link take a very slow frustrating approach to firmware. The XE75 pro have only received a handful of firmware releases over the current life of the product and this was the same for the M9s.  The feature set for this premium product is very poor.

Could i suggest that TP link maybe allow consumers access to Beta versions or actually be a bit more proactive with updates.  The Deco app is very limited in tweaks or additional setting changes. Also some Devices which are very close to the main deco are connected to the furthest one and devices on the top floor are connected to the ground floor deco. 

I run the Wifi6 Backhaul setting and in Access point mode for the XE75 pro. Had to turn the fast roaming off as older devices did not like this and improved reliability. 

Any firmware updates coming soon that we know of or option to try beta firmware for my model.  If there any other tweaks or hidden changes i can try would welcome suggestions. 

Thank you.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:XE75 Pro Feels neglected - Great hardware wrapped in poor software - Fair assessment ? -Solution
2023-05-12 07:48:37 - last edited 2023-06-26 03:06:58

Update:

A new firmware for Deco XE75 PRO V1/V2 has been released recently which has added the VPN, Connection Preference/Signal source, and other great new features.

For more details, please refer to New Firmware Release: XE75 PRO

And Great Thanks to @Brxstatic @IntrovertSins .heart

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:XE75 Pro Feels neglected - Great hardware wrapped in poor software - Fair assessment ? -Solution
2023-05-16 15:40:36 - last edited 2023-05-16 15:40:40
I have decided to go back to my Deco M9 plus 3 pack ( Thanks Amazon ) for now and see what happens in the next few months in terms of firmware updates and other products that will be available. Really appreciate the support from David in trying to assist with this but just felt little underwhelmed with the upgrade from the M9s for now.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
2023-05-12 07:48:37 - last edited 2023-06-26 03:06:58

Update:

A new firmware for Deco XE75 PRO V1/V2 has been released recently which has added the VPN, Connection Preference/Signal source, and other great new features.

For more details, please refer to New Firmware Release: XE75 PRO

And Great Thanks to @Brxstatic @IntrovertSins .heart

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:XE75 Pro Feels neglected - Great hardware wrapped in poor software - Fair assessment ?
2023-05-12 10:19:52 - last edited 2023-05-12 13:01:13

@David-TP 

Thank you for the reply , My link speed reported in windows 11 is currently 2402/2042 (Mbps) ( see screenshot below ) 

My Provider is Hey Broadband in the UK and the router in question is a ISP Provider ADTRAn 854-V6 2.5G Gateway Router - I have turned off all the Wifi Radios on this router and run the TP Link deco XE75 Pro in access point mode which so far is the best option in this setup, All cables are Cat 7 spec.  

I would say on Wifi with this setup i should be closer to the deco ethernet speeds when next to the main hard wired deco. I think the hardware is good it just needs good updates the refine things, a Deco connection preference feature would be welcome as some devices keep connecting to farthest weak signal decos. 

Also not sure why the deco seems to hinder upload speeds,  when cabled to the ISP Adtran router directly upload is maxed on most instances pointing more to a deco issue. 

Kind regards

Options
Re:XE75 Pro Feels neglected - Great hardware wrapped in poor software - Fair assessment ?
2023-05-15 11:54:19

@IntrovertSins 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update, and sorry for the delay.

The Windows 11 laptop with Intel AX210 160 hz Wi-Fi 6e card should support 6Ghz so have you tried to enable the 6ghz on Deco XE75 pro and test the 6ghz speed on the laptop?

And can I also have some screenshots of the speedtest result on the laptop?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-15 12:23:13 - last edited 2023-05-16 15:37:38

@David-TP 

Hi David, thank you for the reply , the AX200 does not support or show an actual Wifi 6E band if i enable this on the Deco and currently using the 6 GHz Wifi for " Dedicated Backhaul" setting ( improves stability around the house ). This morning have connected to the main deco via wireless and done a speedtest i have been able to get better speed on the laptop ( 801 Mbs).  Wired into the deco( ethernet)  i get 930mbs so getting closer to line limit which is better than before.

Do you have any news on XE75 Pro new firmware release or access to beta to help with Deco Preference option for devices and also help with devices connecting to much slower decos. 

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/84078197-7171-43c5-ab98-5894949d04de

Options
2023-05-16 15:40:36 - last edited 2023-05-16 15:40:40
I have decided to go back to my Deco M9 plus 3 pack ( Thanks Amazon ) for now and see what happens in the next few months in terms of firmware updates and other products that will be available. Really appreciate the support from David in trying to assist with this but just felt little underwhelmed with the upgrade from the M9s for now.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-24 18:01:59

@David-TP Any updates on a beta or release date for the XE75 pro. Particularly about the IoT network being added?

Options
2023-06-24 20:39:25

@Brxstatic 

I think the XE75 and XE75 pro received an update to allow deco preference  and IOT , just check the support pages for your region or do a update check. 

im looking at getting the standard XE75 as seems to be getting the updates quicker and most likely easier to support for them. ( don't really need the 2.5g ports ) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 1346

Replies: 7

Related Articles