Intermittent Connectivity from Wifi Cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 15:08:37
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20221111 Rel. 77798

Hi

I have 3 Deco X60s v3.2 with firmware version 1.0.15 Build 20221111 Rel. 77798. The main unit is connected via ethernet cable to my ISPs router (which is in bypass mode - it is effectively a modem) providing 1Gbps fibre Internet. The 3 Deco X60's are using ethernet backhaul via CAT6e cable through 1000Mbps NetGear switches so they are fully available as Access Points for clients. There are a number of 4k TVs, laptops, Tablets, printers, and phones on the network (approx 24). The setup looks like this:

I also have 4 ADC-V723 Wifi camera and an ADC SVR-122 NVR on the network which connect to different Decos and on different bands (some 2.4, some 5) - at various times each of the cameras stream completely to the NVR and at other times they are highly erratic. All cameras connect with "Fair" or "Good" signal strength. During the night the cameras work perfectly (the blue line shows recorded video - this screenshot is for a duration of 40 minutes)

however it turns very poor during the day - all the white are blanks in the recordings from each of the cameras. This is ridiculously unacceptable.

In addition to this, the ability to set a preferred connection point and wifi band needs to be included in the Deco X60 App ASAP - it was there when my network was comprised of Deco M5s and it was really useful, as it stands the Deco Mesh may now move a camera to a Deco that is less close/available to the camera.

My network is not overloaded, there is plenty of bandwidth available - there is no reason the network should be so intermittent

Can anyone help with this

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Intermittent Connectivity from Wifi Cameras
2023-05-17 03:19:13

@PClar  Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you tried to connect the ADC SVR-122 NVR via Ethernet cable to the main Deco X60 or NetGear switch to see whether it helped?

And If you checked under Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation mode, what is the current operation mode, Access Point or Wireless router?

Since they are 4*ADC-V723 Wifi cameras when you checked on the Deco APP, are they all not connected to the nearest Deco X60, or just one of them?

• If possible, could you please help me mark out the connected Deco of each camera?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-17 08:05:25 - last edited 2023-05-17 08:11:29

@David-TP 

Hi David-TP

The ADC SVR-122 NVR is connected via ethernet to the switch - I cannot connect it to the main Deco as there are only two ports on the X60 (one used for WAN/Internet and the other to the switch).

The cameras and the NVR are connected as you have in your diagram.

The Operation Mode is Wireless Router.

Rgds

P.

Options
2023-05-18 08:37:07

@PClar Hi, Thanks for the update.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Disable "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

2. Turn off "Mesh Technology" for the wireless IP cameras.

You could refer to this link to find the related features:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network(case3)

By the way, Did you use to have a similar issue on the Deco M5?

Since it was mentioned earlier the problem mainly happened during the day, would there be a regular time period or randomly throughout the day?

Did the issue exist even though there is only one IP camera?

After updating to Deco X60, did you also add some new devices to the network?

Wait for your reply.

best regards.

Options
2023-05-18 09:38:47

@David-TP 

Hi David-TP

I have previously, individually and together in all combinations, turned off Beamforming, Fast Roaming, and Mesh Technology - I have also re opted the Deco's individually and in particular sequences, none of this has helped.

I previously had older ADC 720P WiFi cameras on the M5s and these worked as fine/as expected. I upgraded to X60's in the same physical locations as the M5s and ADC 1080P WiFi cameras in the same physical locations as the older cameras.

The intermittent behaviour starts from around 5 in the morning until around 10 at night. There is no additional network load until 10 in the morning - multiple users, streaming, etc doesn't appear until 5 in the evening.

I have also noticed that the cameras that are most intermittent are the ones connected to the satellites, the Main unit operate best most often. I have checked this with both ethernet backhaul and WiFi backhaul - it is like the satellites are not communicating as well as they should with the main unit.

The loss of the ability to select preferred node and to select between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz is a real annoyance - when will there be an update to provide this functionality to the X60's? It make no sense that it is available for an old product and not a newer one.

Thanks

P.

Options
2023-05-19 02:15:52

@PClar 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

There hasn't been an ETA for the firmware release date for Deco X60 V3.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers so see whether they have any other workaround.

Please check whether you have got an email from me.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 5

Related Articles