Votes

grant/deny permissions for a shared device

Votes

grant/deny permissions for a shared device

21 Reply
RE:grant/deny permissions for a shared device
2024-06-29 21:39:59
Need to be able to set permissions for all feature's, not having that makes this good little camera less than average....
Options
2024-06-30 00:16:18
Please allow setting custom permissions for each user the camera is shared with. I installed several Tapo cameras at my parents' house and would like to be able to give my mom very limited permissions (so she can only view the live feed) as she is horrible with electronics and just pushes random buttons. On the other hand, my dad is more tech savvy and I'd like to give him more permissions.
Options
2024-07-05 17:11:12
I am struggling with device staring feature. I.e to have my own silenced notification for my parents security system, I require device sharing but to disable the alarm for when parents struggle with the tech I require the master account. Permissions enabled for me would really help not having to switch between accounts just to disable the alarm
Options
2024-07-28 09:18:25
I have just bought a set of cameras and they seem great but sharing with family so they can go in and out of home and trigger manual and automatic actions seems lacking, due to insufficient permission. I'd rather not share the admin (ie my) login.
Options
2024-08-15 11:38:09
This is a vital security detail. Owners should have the ability to grant only whatever access that they want to give to users.
Options
Re:grant/deny permissions for a shared device
2024-08-16 09:35:18 - last edited 2024-08-16 09:39:16

A whole year has passed an no updates regarding camera permissions!

What I would need is permission that shared users are also able to enable/disable privacy mode. Be able to download motion videos. Currently only the owner is able to download or turn on/off privacy.

Sounds like to satisfy everyone here, each shared user should have toggles what they are able to do:

* adjust camera position

* adjust camera settings (auto tilt etc)

* turn on/off privacy mode

* be able to download videos or not

* probably some more features!

@Solla-topee how high priority is this and is it added in roadmap? https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/537298

Options
2024-08-16 09:39:49
PLEASE!!!!!!!! Over year without any updates!!
Options
2024-08-17 10:37:48
I would like to have the option of sharing the devices with all permissions with family members
Options
2024-08-18 05:44:26
Agree share with permission.
Options
Re:grant/deny permissions for a shared device
3 weeks ago

I hope to have a function that allows administrators to mute the audio to prevent other viewers from turning on or off the audio at will.

Options