Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
111 Reply
Re:Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul
2023-07-12 20:59:04
I've been observing it tonight and the PLC backhaul only seems to kick in when the WiFi is near zero on the furthest unit. As soon as the WiFi perks up a bit the PLC then cuts out. Definitely not how TP link describes how it's supposed to operate.
Options
2023-07-13 10:18:19 - last edited 2023-07-13 10:18:48

@TheInfamousMrD Following on from my comment yesterday I've not been able to get the backhaul showing in the Deco app but have noticed that both sky tv boxes we have in the house are showing up on the main unit.
The sky q box downstairs is connected to the Lounge Deco by ethernet cable and the Sky mini extension box is connected by ethernet to the main bedroom deco but is actually showing as being connected on the Lounge Deco.
I can only assume that would mean that powerline is working for devices but it doesn't replicate for laptops that are connected to office deco as those only show as being connected to the office deco when connected by ethernet.
I've had a few replies back from tech support with the same suggestions mentioned within this thread so will continue to keep working at it as it does seem to be a firmware issue rather than a faulty product.

Options
Re:Deco PX50 not using Powerline backhaul-Solution
2023-07-14 02:00:30 - last edited 2023-10-09 09:49:12

@TheInfamousMrD @ommoti  @Jeg5342  @Dracon  @Birillo 

Update:

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The official firmware to fix this issue has been released already. 

You can go to APP>>More>>System>>Update Deco to see whether you are able to detect the new 1.0.4 firmware.

Or you could manually install the official firmware here.

Deco PX50_V1_1.0.4_build_20230915

Thank you again for your cooperation and support.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-14 07:01:30

@Dracon 

I got it just this week. 

Basically, I am doing exactly the same steps.

I am waiting for Support to provide some help now.

Options
2023-07-15 13:00:19

@David-TP Thank you David in advance, I’m a senior user on powerline, but a noob on PX50… I’m waiting for your news!

Options
2023-07-17 21:55:39

@David-TP 

Hi David,

1 - done

2 - confirmed and used tp-link powerline on the same sockets

3 - tried and not working

4 - tried

5 - na

Thank you 

Options
2023-07-17 22:05:30

@David-TP

Hi David, 

Maxwell Li is now supporting me and has sent me a new firmware version to try, but unfortunately did not seem to make any difference.

Here's my feedback from your suggestions:

1.Yes, Deco PX50 is the main Deco (this is 3x new Deco PX50 replacing AV2000 adaptors in the same sockets)

2. As above, AV2000 adaptors (4x of these) worked for the last few years across circuits over 3 floors

3. Tried, did not work. Plugging an ethernet cable between two Decos does switch it to wired mode, but reverts back to wireless once cable removed

4. Tried, no difference

5. As above these PX50s are brand new.

Best regards,

Douglas

Options
2023-07-18 05:50:06

@David-TP 

Hello,

I have a remote support call this morning UK GMT from the team in Hong Kong.

I have installed the firmware sent through so will update this post later..

1. Please make sure Deco PX50 has been set as the main Deco.

I only have three Deco PX50 and nothing else for networking in the house. 

2. Confirm the whole house is under the same service panel or power grid. It could be assured if you have used our Homeplug AV power adapters already.

Yes, everything is on the same powergrid and have used home AV adapters in this house previously.

The sky TV mini box upstairs is plugged into one of the satellite px50 by Ethernet but is showing as being connected to the main px50 downstairs so I think that's showing that Powerline is working for one device. 
The back haul connection never comes on though even though the upstairs px50 has a very low Wi-Fi connection to the main unit. 

3. Try to put a satellite PX50 next to the main PX50 and check whether they could create Powerline Backhaul on the Deco APP.

Have done this and not made any difference.

4. Switch a different Deco PX50 as the main Deco---How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco.

Have done this and it didn't make any difference.

5. If it had worked for several months or years already, It just stopped recently and you could try to contact the shop retailer to replace a new kit first.

Only purchased this last week during Amazon Prime and it's never worked as intended.

Options
2023-07-18 09:31:10

@David-TP

Update from the support call this morning.

I had support session with Abner who remote controlled onto my laptop and he then worked through putty checking the various settings.
We tried various configurations on where the units were based but nothing would bring up the powerline backhaul.
The next step I've been asked to do is to return to the units back to Amazon and ask for a replacement, I have said I'm not convinced that will resolve the issue but at the moment not sure if the firmware is being updated to a version that works.
 I did ask what the next steps would be if I replaced the units and they still didn't work and was told it would then go to the RD team for the software bug to be looked at.

Thought I would check here first before I do that just in case the support team aren't aware of a new firmware being worked on to resolve the issue?

Let me know either way and I will then ask for a replacement product from amazon.

Thanks

Options
2023-07-18 14:12:23 - last edited 2023-07-18 14:13:20

@David-TP 

Just to Chuck my experience into the mix, I've had this set up for a week, and power line worked for the first day - then when I updated the firmware it hasn't worked since.

The deco in my office in my garden would connect to the main hub but the signal was pretty weak so it would connect via powerline.

Since the firmware update, it now daisy chains to a satellite halfway between, and doesn't use powerline at all.

In my very little experience with this it seems to point to the firmware update and suspect a replacement would work until the firmware is updated again.

Options