AX53 ethernet backhaul

AX53 ethernet backhaul

AX53 ethernet backhaul
AX53 ethernet backhaul
2023-06-13 05:25:19 - last edited 2023-06-13 05:29:05
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230413

I have an AX53 router - cables are distributed from it to every room of the house, I have a problem with the farthest room where the WiFi range is very weak. Initially, I thought about buying a second AX53 and connecting it to the first router (using EasyMesh) with a cable, but from what I can see, these routers do not support Ethernet Backhaul. Is there any solution to this problem or is there a firmware update planned to provide the Ethernet Backhaul option for AX53?

Alternatively, what is the case with installing (e.g. Deco M5) in the farthest room - they support Ethernet Backhaul. Is it possible for the AX53 and Deco M5 routers to be connected with a cable in this configuration so that the AX53 and Deco M5 generate a WiFi network with the same SSID and ensure smooth switching of points (according to Mesh network rules)?

Or could I connect AX53 with Archer C64 (it has Ethernet Backhaul feature)?

Thank you for your answer.

Options
7 Reply
Re:AX53 ethernet backhaul
2023-06-13 18:53:29 - last edited 2023-11-09 23:02:51

@marl1 

The EasyMesh feature is not compatible with the Deco mesh - see details here.

Moreover both router models should support an ethernet backhaul.

You have two options:

1.Place your AX53 near the center of the floor of your apartment - this way you'll have equally strong signal in every room and check if that suit your needs.

2. Buy another AX53 and setup an EasyMesh with a wireless backhaul, moving the old AX53 closer to the center of the floor and the new AX53 as closer as possible to the old AX53 to catch a stronger wireless signal.

EasyMesh ethernet backhaul is available only for some router models, everyone hopes that TP-Link eventually will release this feature for a broader router range like AX53.

Once that is available, you can switch to an ethernet backhaul for faster speeds using the EasyMesh.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-14 12:33:07

@terziyski we are all waiting the new firmware, same problem, subscribed.

I connected the second router (second floor of the house, the other end of the diagonal of the house, latest update) AX53 via Mesh into an RJ45 socket and got higher speed (80 megabits versus 30 megabits).

But (!) the router fell off from time to time, it was impossible to go into the administration panel, the Internet clung for a long time from the first to the second router - all this leads to the opinion that it was just an access point, although there must be a serious conflict in the network, but it It wasn’t very noticeable (Google translator, I apologize in advance).

It’s a pity that I was not aware of the possibility of Ethernet Blackhaul for AX55/AX73, because they are not much more expensive, and building a mesh system from the X series deco is expensive.

Options
2023-11-15 23:10:23

@marl1 

I can suggest being as you said you have ethernet at the opposite side of your house would be to add another ax53 and put it in AP mode. 

thats the way I've done my network is I've got multiple routers in my property. 

I'm fortunate to have a large 4 bed house by uk standards, 

However I suffered massively with the "dad the wifi is bad" ect as ice got loads of solid brick walls from one end to the other  so I decided to buy my own gear, I opted for a ax72 and 2 c61200's 

Had the ax72 on the found floor as my main then I put both my c6 routers in AP mode. 

One on the second floor of my house and the other one at the bottom of my garden in my man cave, 

I can honestly say my whole property and some was covered in wifi. 

I've recently just upgraded the 2 c6 routers to another 2 ax72's and I've put them into AP mode. All my ax72's have the same ssid and same passwords. 

I've done it this way as where ever I am in my house or where ever I place devices be it smart bulbs or smart plugs phones or tablets ect they will pick the strongest signal available plus I've been able to utilise the lan ports for Internet devices down my man cave. Plus  I don't have to have multiple different ssid's for different routers. 

Yes you do have switching issues  sometimes with some devices but I've noticed it hardly ever in my house. 

Options
2023-11-21 18:39:12

@Basboi85 

hmm... I tried this trick with ac1200 routers that do not have mesh support and all I got was a constant disconnection from the network and attempts to connect to more and more of these routers. In access point mode with the same password and Wi-Fi name. Homever, this failed.

In general, the possibility of backhaul should be indicated as one of the main advantages of easy mesh. I'm very disappointed in aix53(

Options
2024-01-23 11:38:56

@BNTEK 

the real problem is TP-LINK wont tell you about this features you really need.

same model differs AX53 V2 should support ethernet backhaul, but why not AX53 V1?

when you buing it from store you dont see version V1 vs V2.

you dont know about payed features and so on. 

Very bad product definitino from TP-LINK, almost like scam. 

Options
2024-01-24 09:10:23

@Bonoslav 

Hi, please refer to this reply for AX53 V1 Ethernet Backhaul feature: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?replyId=1308020

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-08 13:46:40

@Manuel6 

You have to copy the whole line including the replyId=1308020 - that's a whole line or just click here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options