How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone

How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone

2023-06-18 14:59:45 - last edited 2024-01-17 03:12:27
Model: Tapo T100   Tapo T110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I wanted to know how to change the sound of notifications from the tapo app or from the sensors in ios (iphone) when they are activated because it is just a beep and if you are sleeping you do not feel it and this issue has me very concerned.
Thank you in advance

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re: How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone-Solution
2023-06-20 11:19:38 - last edited 2024-01-17 03:12:27

@MarcosDagn 

In order to receive detection alerts in time, it is recommended that you use Tapo APP to create a smart action rule to activate the hub alarm when the sensor is triggered.

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

The notification ringtone and volume settings in the app are dependent on your phone's system settings. I recommend checking if you can make the necessary modifications on your phone.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Let's Vote!-Solution
2024-01-17 03:21:13 - last edited 2024-01-17 03:21:17

For users who consider this feature essential, redirect to this feature request post, vote, and share your thoughts there!

Choose notification sound

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re: How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone-Solution
2023-06-20 11:19:38 - last edited 2024-01-17 03:12:27

@MarcosDagn 

In order to receive detection alerts in time, it is recommended that you use Tapo APP to create a smart action rule to activate the hub alarm when the sensor is triggered.

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

The notification ringtone and volume settings in the app are dependent on your phone's system settings. I recommend checking if you can make the necessary modifications on your phone.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re: How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone
2023-06-20 22:21:27 - last edited 2023-06-20 22:23:04

@Wayne-TP Sorry, I did not express myself well, I was referring to the message alert on the iPhone that is only a beep if you are sleeping you do not wake up by a simple beep, and it won't let me change the sound that the application brings. 

thanks

Options
Re: How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone
2023-12-09 16:03:22

I also have the same issue. The notification sound for the C325WB is to weak (in both the volume and type of sound issued) to be heard well. Also, I have the iPhone notifications volume set to maximum.

Is there a way to change both the type of sound issued and to increase the volume of the notification?

Options
2023-12-12 08:10:30

@MikeJB 

If you have updated the system to iOS 17, the App push notification may sound quieter than before as Apple changes a new notification sound. We recomment get touch with Apple to consult possible solution if you're this case.

Notification Volume Becomes Quieter Since Updating to iOS 17

Options
2023-12-22 03:37:39

@Wayne-TP

I recently setup a home security automation setup using Tapo Hub, motion sensors and smart switch which power a siren. When I am out of town notifications in Tapo app will also allow me to quickly reach out to neighbour for help.

So I too see an issue with Tapo app notifications for such sensitive actions, a mere beep in the middle of the night will not help. Such a critical functional feature should be managed by the app rather than the mobile platform.

Can we please have a feature for sensitive workflows, a persistent alert with user ack. within the app? Something like a siren notification screen which needs to ring until dismissed by the user e.g. phone call screen?

Options
2023-12-27 23:17:48

@Tushar_P 

@Tapo 

Tushar_P wrote

@Wayne-TP

I recently setup a home security automation setup using Tapo Hub, motion sensors and smart switch which power a siren. When I am out of town notifications in Tapo app will also allow me to quickly reach out to neighbour for help.

So I too see an issue with Tapo app notifications for such sensitive actions, a mere beep in the middle of the night will not help. Such a critical functional feature should be managed by the app rather than the mobile platform.

Can we please have a feature for sensitive workflows, a persistent alert with user ack. within the app? Something like a siren notification screen which needs to ring until dismissed by the user e.g. phone call screen?

This software is useless for us because of the small sound on my phone when camera detects a thief. I do not wake up and can not take action to prevent a burglar. 
Tapo please fix this bug immediately 

best

jon Troli

Options
2023-12-29 07:40:55

@JonTroli 

To enhance the alert function, it's more effective to set up alarms on the camera or the Tapo hub. High-volume alarms not only notify you promptly of detected events within your house but also act as a deterrent to intruders. This feature ensures immediate alerts, even if your phone is on silent, sleep, or "Do Not Disturb" mode. 

Options
2024-01-10 08:35:19

If you have an Android phone, you can change the default sounds for individual apps in the 'Settings' app ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3xFiMEc550

Options
2024-01-16 06:54:23 - last edited 2024-01-16 12:39:30

@Wayne-TP

No offence but I feel that you are taking a narrow view of how customers are using Tapo products especially for home security automation.

I have done the setup for a property at my native which I remotely monitor from the city. So alarms on the camera or tapo hub do not help.

Also the alarm on your camera is no help to alert my distant neighbours and makes the cameras vulnerable to damage by intruders. So I rely on my intervention (to place a phone call to my neighbours) and a loud siren I plan to activate using the Tapo smart switch.

A smart home automation for home security is incomplete without a "persistent alarm w/ user acknowledgement on the mobile device". This could be part of the automation > actions and is not a big ask on the implementation team.

Options
2024-01-16 07:18:14 - last edited 2024-01-16 12:36:01

Looks like the customisable notification feature will be part of Smart Actions 2.0? Please see the comments in this thread. Fingers crossed for the release.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/stories/detail/502100

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3318

Replies: 11

Related Articles