Deco X90 Satellite Connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X90 Satellite Connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
53 Reply
Re:Deco X90 Satellite Connection issues
2023-07-09 16:02:59

@Tanis  I used this TP article:  https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/faq/2958/

Options
2023-07-10 01:16:47

@Tanis Hi, Tanis, Thanks for the update.

Since the satellite Deco X90 did not drop out and the other two satellite M4s dropped the connection and turned red, I think your case is slightly different from what we had here.

"since the production build are having problems connecting to the x90 units." Do you mean the disconnection issue started before 1.2.2 of Deco X90?

Can I have some pictures of the network map and signal source on the Deco APP, such as

And could you please help me run a simple test:

• swap the location of one satellite M4 with the satellite Deco X90 to see whether the disconnection still followed Deco M4.
  • please move the other satellite M4 next to main Deco X90 and check whether it could still constantly turn flashing red.

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-12 11:03:08

@David-TP Hello!. After a blackout we had yesterday all the x90 and m4 decos are living a happily, no idea why as I did it several times.

Right now both x90 are running the beta firmware you posted some posts ago and the m4 are running the production one.

I'll let you know if something arises after a power down or something else that reboots the decos.

Thank you!

Options
2023-07-12 13:00:40

@Mayb14 thank you!

Options
2023-07-12 21:53:49

@Engladian I also installed the beta last week, and havent had an issue since with both devices back in their original spaces.

What is most curious, the 1.2.2 and the beta are identical in size, what ever the "fix" was to the code, it was very very miniscule. The US site is still showing the 1.2.2 firmware, but its no longer visible on the CA side, which is where I think this started from.

Options
2023-07-25 10:28:08 - last edited 2023-07-25 19:42:17

@David-TP I'm sorry to come back but the problems are coming back, intermittently but this time, no reboot can fix this.

The current state is: (screenshot taken from Suite X90 website)

First, asking your question, yes, the issue started after the firmware upgrade of the X90 units to 1.2.2 Build and as I misreaded the post and thought that the upgrade would do good to my M4 units that were having those disconnection issues I upgrade to 1.2.3 with the same result.

Basically, the "Suite X90" is placed in the second floor and is the one connected to the internet and configured as router.

The other X90 named "Cuina" is in the same floor at 14meters and is linked via WiFi to it and just beneath it, in the first floor, we find the "Primer pis (M4)" unit that is linked via WiFi to "Cuina X90" and never had any connection issued, the connection level was always at medium, and in the ground floor just beneath the prior one we find "Estudi M4" that links via WiFi to "Primer Pis M4".

The connection schema is Internet_Router<wired>X90 Suite<WiFi>X90 Cuina<WiFi>Primer pis M4<WiFi>Estudi M4

Both X90 units are V1 and running 1.2.3 Build 20230707 Rel. 49686

Both M4 units are V2 and running 1.5.6 221229

I tried swapping units to the same floor as you asked and after rebooting them and after some minutes of "all ok" connection the M4 units finally drops from the WiFi network.

I hope all the information is clear and we can fix this issue.

Thanks in advance!.

Options
2023-07-25 19:41:24

@David-TP  Sorry for bothering you so much in so short time, but my inner enginner couldn't stop until finding a solution and what I've done is remove both M4 Deco units from the network and then hard reset them in order to finally add them to the network as new fresh ones.

After some random unit resets (plugin the power out directly as irl), then the main deco, etcetera, the setup seems to be stable so I'll call it a day and let it sleep.

The "new" order:

Again, sorry for the time and I hope this serves as a solution for any other Deco user.

Cheers.

Options
2023-07-26 02:38:36

@Tanis 

Thanks for the update.

It surely did help us a lot laughand a few days ago, the official firmware 1.2.3 has been released for Deco X90. I will check whether a reset is still needed on the official firmware.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-26 06:48:42

@David-TP David, could you provide a link to the 1.2.3 firmware? It doesn't appear on the download sites or when searching. Thanks.

Options
2023-07-27 08:45:57

@DCdane 

Hi, I didn't have a direct download link for 1.2.3 either and you could check on the firmware upgrade under Deco APP>More>System>Update Deco.

I see that 1.2.3 is specific to the CA region code only and it might be only uploaded to the CA official websites later.

Best regards.

Options
Related Articles