My TP Link Mr600 v2 4g router, certain problems since updating firmware.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-05 09:38:36 - last edited 2023-09-05 09:40:34
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220826 Rel. 58057n

Hi, I've currently got the tp link archer mr600 v2 4g router. Since I've had a recent firmware update on the router a few months ago to the latest version above, I've been having certain problems with it, like I noticed after I updated it, the 4G+ symbol on the front of it keeps on flashing now, keeps going off/on every few seconds, why is this. The internet seems to be on fine tho. It never used to do this before I done the firmware update, it used to stay on constantly with no flashing off/on symbol every few seconds. I've tried changing different sockets but it's still the same. Could it be to do with the firmware or a hardware issue. One thing I was going to try was fully reset it or try a a recent firmware before it happend but not tried those yet. Can confirm internet is still working ok from it. I've bought the router around 15 month's ago.

Also I've had something happen about hour ago, all lights on front of router went out, so I turned it off for few minutes, then once booting bk up which usually takes around 45 seconds to 1 minute, all lights come on for 30 seconds then all went off, so thought it could be to do with a firmware or hardware issue. Then after 10 minutes the lights magically reappeared and they been on and stayed on for about an hour now. Cheers

Craig

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My TP Link Mr600 v2 4g router, certain problems since updating firmware.-Solution
2023-09-05 09:40:30 - last edited 2023-09-05 09:40:34

@Jo88 

Hi, could you please refer to this thread for troubleshooting first: Carrier Aggregation or 4G+ doesn’t work properly on LTE Advanced Router

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:My TP Link Mr600 v2 4g router, certain problems since updating firmware.
2023-07-06 08:27:08 - last edited 2023-07-06 08:28:21

@Craige_Davido 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. Please check Network Type and Band on Advanced->Status page of its web interface, let us know the difference when it works on 4G+ and also 4G.

2. Please go to Advanced->Network->Internet page to check if the Band is set on "Auto"

3. Who is your ISP of the SIM card? Please insert the same SIM card into your phone or another 4G+ device at the same location, check if it shows 4G+ as well, if it is on 4G+ all the time, please let us know the brand and model of your phone or another 4G device, also check the band information on that device for comparison.

How to check the 4G band working on our smartphones

For the second issue about the LED turning off, may I know if Wi-Fi and internet stops working as well? Please also monitor if it will happen again and if there is any trigger when the issue happens.

Options
2023-07-06 16:33:34

@Sunshine 

1. I checked the network type and mode, network is on 4G preferrred, and its never been changed if that what you mean. the Band is set to auto and picks up 1 or 2 bands from the nearest 4g masts. when i checked the main page, the bands changes fom 1 or 2, quite regurlaly. it might be to do with the 4g symbol going off and on every 2 seconds since i updated to the latest firmware. the difference is not alot on 4g and 4g+ but i have noticed the speed fluctuating quite a bit now since its constantly changing from 4g and 4g+.

2. Yes i cecked the band is currently set to Auto and it always as. it picks up the same 2 bands. Band 3 & 20.

3. My ISP of the Sim Card inside it is with EE (UK). I'm in the UK. Ive put the same Sim inside my current phone now, its a Huawei P30 Pro 4G, and i get similar speeds, havent noticed much. i done a quick speed test on it earlier and i getting around 100 mbps download, and 35 mbps for upload.

Ive checked the logs and its contantly changing from 4G & 4G+ all time, its got 69 pages of it since today. Check for yourself screenshot below.

I'm having the exact same issue, my 4g+ symbol is constantly going off and on every few seconds after updating the firmware to 1.7 from 1.6 a few month's ago and it's still happening. It's never used to happen before I done the firmware update over the air in the tp link router firmware settings. It's got to be a firmware issue, is tp engineer's looking into this because it's been going on for over 2 month's must be now. I've read back and seems to be happening to alot of people updated to 1.7 firmware. I've checked the router logs, and am right it's showing my signal over router is bouncing from 4g to 4g+ lte back and fore every 2 seconds, in the router logs. Can you tell me how to downgrade the firmware back to 1.6 for now, I've read someone else doing it and it's sorted it bk for them, until tp link sorts this issue out. Thanks Craig

Options
2023-07-07 08:45:03 - last edited 2023-07-07 08:49:33
Options
2023-07-07 09:33:55

@Craige_Davido 

Hi, may I know if your Huawei phone is always on 4G+ with the same EE SIM card at same location? and what is the band working on your phone?

You could refer to How to check the 4G band working on our smartphones to check the band on your phone.

We would like to forward your case to our senior engineer for further debugging and analysis, please confirm if you have Windows computer available for debugging.

By the way, if you would like to downgrade the firmware, please download the 1.6.0 firmware Archer MR600(EU)_V2_220105 from the official website and install it in the same process of updating the firmware locally.

Firmware Download for Archer MR600(EU) V2

Options
2023-07-08 13:32:27

@kernash 

Tell me about it, i noticed it straight away soon as i upgraded to 1.7 firmware. Thanks ive read most of those posts similar to my issue, about other people issues. you would have thought they would have sort something by now with this version router. I'm gonna try downgrade to 1.6 firmware back for now, see if its bk to normal, fingers crossed.

Options
2023-07-08 14:00:15 - last edited 2023-07-08 18:33:47

@Sunshine 

Hi

My Huawei phone, ive never seen the 4g+ symbol through it, but i always get 4G in my home the same location where i test it, and where the 4G router is situated.

Ive checked the band on my Huawei p30 pro phone using that LTE Discovery app, and its showing its connected to band LTE 3 over phone. thats same band its connects on 4g router, but on router its usually picks up 2 bands, band 3 and 20.

yes i've currently  got and running windows 11 on my current computer.

Thank you, im going to try downgrading it to 1.6, to see if it stops the flashing and see what the router logs say. do i have to download winrar or winzip to extract the file first before the downgrade which i read with that page thanks. Hope it works for now

Craig

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***(EDIT)***

I've downgraded back to 1.6 from 1.7 and all went ok, it took roughly 5-10 minutes. looks like its ok on this version, no 4g+ symbol going off/on every few seconds, its staying on on, and it seems much more stable. The router logs look ok to, no changing every few seconds, which i had loads of pages cause of it. looks like im staying on this version for time being until anything changes.

Options
2023-07-10 09:17:02

@Craige_Davido 

Thanks for the update!

So on the 1.6 firmware, 4G+ LED is always on, and the band on Status page of the router always shows two bands, is that correct?

Options
2023-07-10 09:41:15

@Sunshine 

Yes that's correct, the 4G+ led is staying on now on the 1.6 firmware version. The bands on status page still changes from 1 or 2 every so often. When it shows the one it shows connected to Band 3, and when two showing, its Band 3 & 20. Does it supposed to be changing like this or can i try locking the two bands.

Thanks

Craig

Options
2023-07-11 03:45:29

@Craige_Davido 

Hi, do you mean the 4G+ LED is still light up even when the band on Status page shows band 3 only? If so, that is not normal and the 1.7.0 firmware solved that issue, that is why the router cannot stay on 4G+.

Besides, since your Huawei phone never shows 4G+ as well and the connected band is also band 3 only, it proves to be the ISP base station issue instead of the router.

Options
2023-07-11 11:16:49

@Sunshine 

Yeah that's right, the 4G+ led stays on always when it changes to just band 3.

I don't really want to go back to 1.7 firmware if I can, It does seem better on this 1.6 firmware for now. I still get decent speeds. I'm getting upto 150 download and upto 40 upload, early hours in morning off peak, when no one's using it much. It does drop quite a bit in peak hours when more people are on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1783

Replies: 16

Related Articles