i cant reach the max speed of my internet provider with decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-19 22:44:56
Model: Deco E4   Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello community i have a combo in my house of 2 deco m5 (one is the main router and other is a repater) and 3 deco e4 (repeaters) i have the issue of i cant reach my maximun speed of my internet provider, it doesnt matter the way of connection (wired or wireless).

I tried one of the solution of making no priority devices and qos configs.

My provider gave me 600 Mbps and the decos are given me 250 Mbps, its a huge difference. I have my modem in bridge mode and i am using the decos in router mode (not repeater or acess)

Any solutions or recomendations?

Thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:i cant reach the max speed of my internet provider with decos
2023-08-02 10:16:52

@tspignoux 

Hi, Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Is the 200m/s speed tested from the main Deco?

For Deco M5, with 600m/s internet bandwidth, you are expected to get 600m/s via an Ethernet connection, and 400-450 m/s via a 5GHz connection.

In case the internet speed is from the satellite Deco, due to the working pattern and protocol/regulation of Wi-Fi technology, the more wireless hops, the slower the speed would be. Satellite units could not get the same speed as the main Deco. You could get more details from the following link:

Why is my satellite Deco unit not getting the same speed as the main Deco?

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 237

Replies: 1

Related Articles