Constant Deco X50 Failures After Firmware Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-25 11:51:57
Tags: #Firmware Update #Deco X50
Model: Deco X50-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230607 Rel. 65923

I acquired a Deco X50 and integrated it with two Deco XE75 units inside my house. The X50 is placed outside on the roof, about 8/9 meters away from the main router, without an Ethernet cable; it connects via Wi-Fi to extend the network. In these three months of use, I can't criticize the range; it's really good. However, everything was going well until they updated the firmware, and the X50 started failing constantly.

The router stops working after the update; the green light changes to red with a flicker, and the only solution is to disconnect and reconnect it. But unfortunately, this solution only lasts a few minutes before it fails again. Another problem is that the X50 has a better range, so it always chooses that router in my room instead of connecting to the functioning XE75 units. With the router failing, I can't connect to those that do work, and I'm at a loss for what to do. It's driving me crazy, especially in winter, having to go to the roof every day to disconnect and reconnect the Deco, which is incredibly inconvenient.

I tried removing the Deco and adding it again in the app, but it didn't change anything. I still believe it must be a problem with the latest firmware update.

Deco XE75 - Firmware 1.2.6 Build 20230613 Rel. 52821

Deco X50 Firmware 1.2.1 Build 20230607 Rel. 65923

I appreciate any guidance or advice to resolve this issue as it's becoming increasingly difficult and frustrating.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Constant Deco X50 Failures After Firmware Update
2023-07-26 05:49:22

@tomillo 

Hi, welcome to the community.

On the latest firmware of 1.2.6 and 1.2.1, you could manually set which Deco to connect for Deco X50-outdoor.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3480/

As for the disconnection issue, could you please help me check some details:

1. How often would the main Deco XE75 turn red and drop out?

2. could you please save a screenshot of the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV4 when XE75 is red?

3. As for X50-outdoor, did it lose the connection even when the main XE75 is green and working?

Later, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you could get an email from me.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-26 21:17:11

@David-TP thanks for your reply:

1. How often would the main Deco XE75 turn red and drop out?
    Never, the Deco XE75 units never fail.

2. Could you please save a screenshot of the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV4 when XE75 is red?

3. As for X50-outdoor, did it lose the connection even when the main XE75 is green and working?
    Yes, it is the only one that fails.

Options
2023-07-27 00:56:15 - last edited 2023-07-27 00:56:33

@tomillo 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Your case is quite similar to the following post and I would like to forward your case to the engineers for further assistance.

Deco X50-Outdoor Won't Reliably Connect to the Mesh after 1.2.1 Firmware Upgrade

Please refer to the email for more suggestions later.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1060

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles