TP-Link Tapo C100 "Pairing Failed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-12 08:20:11
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I purchased a Tapo C100 and I'm using the Tapo App v2.17.112 on Android, I am trying to set up the camera, everything goes smoothly until I get to the last step and the app says "pairing failed". I tried all sorts of solutions, nothing is working.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Tapo C100 "Pairing Failed"
2023-08-14 07:00:27

@iheartramen 

Hi,
If you fail to set up the Tapo Cam, please refer to the instruction below to troubleshoot.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

And please help confirm the following information for your issue.
1. What's the LED status on the Tapo Cam when you see the error message on the Tapo app?

2. Is the Tapo C100 directly connected to the home Wi-Fi router, or is it connected to a range extender or AP?
What's the model number of the Wi-Fi router?

3. Please check if your router has special settings enabled, such as MAC Filtering, Access Control, Firewall, etc. If yes, disable them for a try.

4. Enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, reset the Tapo C100 to factory default settings, reconfigure it to connect to the phone's hotspot Wi-Fi, and can it connect successfully?

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-16 07:50:15 - last edited 2023-08-16 07:57:43

@Solla-topee I have gone through the

"What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?" instructions "Case 4 Error Code"Pairing failed" or "Failed to receive an IP address".

", but it's just a loop of the camera setup process. I've reset the camera multiple times so it blinks red and green before starting the Tapo app.

1. The LED is solid red.

2. I think its connected to an Access Point, connected to a public router

3. I don't have physical access to the AP or the router.

4. The setup process via the Tapo app instructed me to connect to the device Tapo_Cam_XXXX which it did. The message says "Found it" and the camera voice says "Wifi connected". The apps states "Pairing your Tapo device" then "Pairing Failed" and the camera LED is solid red, with the app button that says "TRY AGAIN".

Options
2023-08-16 08:37:53

@iheartramen 

Hi,
The problem may be related to the Wi-Fi network the camera connects to. You can check the wireless security type of the Wi-Fi network(such as WPA2-PSK(AES), WPA3, etc.) and check if the Wi-Fi network is a portal Wi-Fi to see if the camera can work with it.

And please enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, try to set up the Tapo C100 connects to the hotspot Wi-Fi, and check if it will be configured successfully.

Best Regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 3

Related Articles