Home Network Setup Advice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-18 15:01:58
Model: Archer GX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just moved in to a new location, my current setup is on the ground floor and currently experiencing problem when im on the 2nd floor. I cant get the same speed on the 2nd floor and cant maximize my bandwith of my net connection. My current router is Archer GX90. I'm still confuse what is the best setup on my scenario to get a WIFI extender, additional router or a mesh.

Im hoping to get some advice on which is the best setup for me at the moment. My total area is around 500sqm

Options
3 Reply
Re:Home Network Setup Advice
2023-08-18 16:32:41
Main question is: Can you hookup both devices via ethernet cable? I have that configuration right now in my house where I have 1 router and 3 satellites connected via cable. The connection is good if I´m connected to the right satellite. I´m trying to upgrade my equipment to get the benefits of a mesh system to automatically connect to the best available satellite as I move troughout the house. I never had good experiences extending my WIFI signal with a range extender.
Options
2023-08-18 22:10:49

@Archundias 

Yes I can hook atleast 1 more device. So which one would you recommend me to get?

Options
2023-08-19 09:13:44 - last edited 2023-08-19 09:23:40

@gregdasxa 

A possible choice would be Archer C64/C86 in AP mode (Case 1) connected by an ethernet cable to the GX90.

Another approach would be Archer C64/C86 in a mesh with GX90 connected wirelessly as there are successful attempts to connect OneMesh router with an EasyMesh router - check this thread.

If you wan to extend your wireless coverage with a Wi-Fi 6 capable router, you could substitute Archer C64/C86 with Archer AX53 in the above scenarios.

Cable connection would give you better bandwidth, while the mesh has its own benefits - it's up to you to decide which is the best approach in your premises.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 3

Related Articles