How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

14 Reply
Re:How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers
2024-03-18 01:32:57

@Michal3333 

Hi, we don't have advanced notice about when Archer Air R5 will support it, please monitor new firmware update on the router web interface or TP-Link official website.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-10 00:22:38

@Sunshine  Hello Sunshine,

Please allow me to ask a few more questions related to EasyMesh/Ethernet backhaul:

1) main router is the EasyMesh controller. When connecting satellite routers, can I connect them as a daisy chain configuration or do they need to be in star topology?

I ask because TP-Link describes the following: " There are three different components in a mesh WiFi network:
Controller: Every EasyMesh network must have one. All agents are connected to it (including through indirect connections). " - https://www.tp-link.com/en/blog/288/

keep in mind there are several users like me that want to have 1 main router and 3-7 satellite routers, all connected via Ethernet backhaul. 

2) will this configuration work?

I have a main router setup as EasyMesh and being the controller (AX72 v1), from LAN port#1 I am connecting TP-Link switch TL-SG105, and from the switch I connect to 3 x AX53 V1 routers as satellite; AX72 LAN ports #2 through #4 connect to 3 x AX53 V1. Totaling 6 satellites. All connections via CAT6 cable for Ethernet backhaul. 

Will EasyMesh be established? What is the controller's limit for maximum number of EasyMesh satellite routers?

Thank you, Eddie. 

Options
2024-04-10 03:18:23 - last edited 2024-04-10 03:21:03

Eddie_G_Kibel wrote

@Sunshine  Hello Sunshine,

Please allow me to ask a few more questions related to EasyMesh/Ethernet backhaul:

1) main router is the EasyMesh controller. When connecting satellite routers, can I connect them as a daisy chain configuration or do they need to be in star topology?

I ask because TP-Link describes the following: " There are three different components in a mesh WiFi network:
Controller: Every EasyMesh network must have one. All agents are connected to it (including through indirect connections). " - https://www.tp-link.com/en/blog/288/

keep in mind there are several users like me that want to have 1 main router and 3-7 satellite routers, all connected via Ethernet backhaul. 

2) will this configuration work?

I have a main router setup as EasyMesh and being the controller (AX72 v1), from LAN port#1 I am connecting TP-Link switch TL-SG105, and from the switch I connect to 3 x AX53 V1 routers as satellite; AX72 LAN ports #2 through #4 connect to 3 x AX53 V1. Totaling 6 satellites. All connections via CAT6 cable for Ethernet backhaul. 

Will EasyMesh be established? What is the controller's limit for maximum number of EasyMesh satellite routers?

Thank you, Eddie. 

@Eddie_G_Kibel 

Hi,

1. Daisy-chaining them can be effective especially when you have the option to connect the routers using Ethernet cables. If you have to use WiFi Backhaul, for optimal performance, it is recommended to limit the number of hops, which is no more than two hops, such as the main router )))((( satellite 1)))((( satellite 2.

2. For EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul or hybrid networks with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi backhaul, there is theoretically no limit to the number of units that can be added. However, we still recommend up to 6 units for better experience and performance. Considering your configuration with 7 units in total, it is worth a try. The topology you have set up is acceptable, but it's important to keep in mind that exceeding the recommended limit of 6 units may impact the overall performance and user experience.

By the way, AX53 V1 official firmware doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul yet, you could check the device list here and as you can see there is a beta firmware for AX53 V1: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Wednesday

I have a question:

If I have a C80 as main router and I plan to add an ax53 as a Satelite router, will the extra (AX) features work on the ax53?
I'm wondering because after adding it in easy mesh, I won't be able to access the ax53's admin page to turn on those features and I don't know what is the status of these features after the recommended factory reset on it.

Why I want to choose the C80 as main router is because its location next to the ISP's modem is where there is no need for as many connected devices as the other location where I want to install the ax53 (for that exact purpose).

Options